Did A Test With The Equinox 800 And Anfibio At A Sandy Lake Beach On A Gold Ring

The ground is mild. 

I buried a 14k gold ring 3.77 grams at 15", 14" then 13".

Equinox 800 w/ 11" coil got a nice hit at 14" with coil raised 2". Neither would hit it at 15". Used multi tone Park 2 & Gold 1. Equinox would hit the ring in the single frequencies also. 40 khz was nice. Settings. sensitivity 24, 2 tone, recovery 4, iron bias f2 0.

Anfibio Multi w/ Mars Discovery 13" would hit the ring at 13". 14" no hit. Setting, 20 khz, Sensitivity 92, Deep mode, 4 tone and 2 tone. Disc 6, tone break 0, isat 0.

Anfibio w/ Nel Superfly 11x12 would barely hit the 13" ring. 14" no hit.

I was surprised the Anfibio didn't go as deep as the Equinox on the gold ring.

So with my test the Equinox is the best gold jewelry hunter over the Anfibio for my lakes by 1"+. Not a great difference.

I will be hunting this summer in the lakes with the Equinox and the Anfibio will be my backup.

I would like to know how the Tarsacci would do in this test with both coils. Would it be able to hit a gold ring similar size as the one I used in mild sand at 14"? I hope someone does this test and lets me know.

A gold ring at 14" in a sandy beach is a tough test for any detector. For the Equinox to pass this test is impressive.

Rick

• Like 8

What kHz was the Anfibip running?

• Like 1

20khz should hit that ring similar to the Nox with stock or Superfly. 5khz I suspect you would lose it.

You can crawl that swing in deep mode and get the gain maxed out but need to keep the coil really close to the ground. I usually use 2 tone with gain 89 or less and will flip to deep for further target investigating.

I'll try it again tomorrrow with the AF28 11" coil. I'll try 14 khz and 20 khz. I'll max gain with a real slow sweep in deep mode. I'll let you know tomorrow.

nokta-makro-anfibio-kruzer-af28-search-coil.jpg

• Like 2

Anfibio used 20 khz.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Did A Test With The Equinox 800 And Anfibio At A Sandy Lake Beach On A Gold Ring

I was surprised the Detech Relic Striker that is 4.8 khz using the 13" Ultimate coil hit the gold ring hard at 13". I didn't try deeper.

• Like 2

Looking forward to your report. I have found 5 & 14 kHz most useful over all conductors. I use 20 kHz for the small targets or in high trash/nails for it's nimbleness. 20 kHz is not as deep in my ground.

• Like 1

Not surprised the Deeptech Relic hit the ring well. It is a deep hunting machine, probably similar performance as the Blisstool. Curious how the Nokta CF77 would do as it seems to be a comparable machine in that class.

What was your Amphibio ground balancing at out of curiosity.

I know you meant to say Detech Relic Striker not Deeptech Relic. I don't recall the ground balance number. I'll check it when I'm back there again.

• Like 1