Lobo Circuit Board Details

Maybe used when calibrating or testing the unit before final assembly?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Trying to find out for you....

Great. Could be educational for many!

• Like 1

Pots inside the housing on the board are for tuning the detectors frequency, discrim,  rough ground balance, amplitude, and then there are the volume, fine ground balance, external discrim, sensitivity and threshold on the panel. The ST has a momentary push button on the handle a think for resetting the GB. I think it can be used in auto or manual GB by setting a switch on the panel too. If the photo posted of the circuit board is of a ST, I see 9 pots, and no one has a schematic of that detector or has found one and posted it that I know of, so I can't say exactly what each one does. The photo doesn't show any masking with text to indicate component specifics as to what pots are for whatever function. The only way I know of to do that would be to identify each IC and track down the tech sheets on them to figure out what purpose they serve in the circuitry, very hard to do specifically. Reverse engineering the detector board would take a long time and a lot of detailed work. Since Tesoro has gone away, I suppose it is possible to find someone that has worked for them or on them and has a schematic which would answer most of all questions. As it has been stated, to mess with them will render the detector useless which is why most of the time they have some type of glue placed on them to keep them from being adjusted, adjustment requires an Osciliscope and knowing the specifications of the detectors frequency and other specifications. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lobo Exp said:

Pots inside the housing on the board are for tuning the detectors frequency, discrim,  rough ground balance, amplitude, and then there are the volume, fine ground balance, external discrim, sensitivity and threshold on the panel. The ST has a momentary push button on the handle a think for resetting the GB. I think it can be used in auto or manual GB by setting a switch on the panel too. If the photo posted of the circuit board is of a ST, I see 9 pots, and no one has a schematic of that detector or has found one and posted it that I know of, so I can't say exactly what each one does. The photo doesn't show any masking with text to indicate component specifics as to what pots are for whatever function. The only way I know of to do that would be to identify each IC and track down the tech sheets on them to figure out what purpose they serve in the circuitry, very hard to do specifically. Reverse engineering the detector board would take a long time and a lot of detailed work. Since Tesoro has gone away, I suppose it is possible to find someone that has worked for them or on them and has a schematic which would answer most of all questions. As it has been stated, to mess with them will render the detector useless which is why most of the time they have some type of glue placed on them to keep them from being adjusted, adjustment requires an Osciliscope and knowing the specifications of the detectors frequency and other specifications. 

I believe that they will stay as they are. The Super Traq has 2 pots and one push button on the circuit board itself. If I was very curious enough to adjust the pots, I would definitely mark their position before hand. But I’m not that curious. Thanks for the reply!

Turning the ground balance pot negative increases the depth greatly in mild ground.

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

Turning the ground balance pot negative increases the depth greatly in mild ground.

Which pot is which?

If there is anyone out there with a Lobo ST, it appears there is a need for a good, clear set of circuit board photos, that can then be marked up with notes. There are bits and pieces of info scattered about, but I’ve not found a clearly noted Lobo circuit photo despite some time with Google.

Tesoro Lobo ST Data & Reviews

• Like 1