Lobo Circuit Board Details

This is photo of what my circuit board looked like on the Lobo ST.

The pot circled in red is the ground balance pot. The one next to it is a disc pot. 

On mine I marked the ground balance pot before I turned it counter clockwise. I turned it a little less than 1/2 way. In my mild ground with the 8" concentric coil it would hit my 10" test dime.

Lobo st.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

The pot circled in red is the ground balance pot. The one next to it is a disc pot. 

On mine I marked the ground balance pot before I turned it counter clockwise. I turned it a little less than 1/2 way. In my mild ground with the 8" concentric coil it would hit my 10" test dime.

Lobo st.jpg

Good work!

Did it help you any? I wish I still had my Lobo ST.

43 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Did it help you any? I wish I still had my Lobo ST.

Not sure if I'll be making any adjustments at this time. Good to know which I can adjust and for what. I got a deal on this Lobo S.T. So I figure that I'll keep it. I have a soft spot for Tesoro's. The big box El Dorado was my first detector, which I kept for 30 years. It served me well, was a bit sensitive to EMF though.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:28 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

If there is anyone out there with a Lobo ST, it appears there is a need for a good, clear set of circuit board photos, that can then be marked up with notes. There are bits and pieces of info scattered about, but I’ve not found a clearly noted Lobo circuit photo despite some time with Google.

Tesoro Lobo ST Data & Reviews

For sure on that! A schematic would be a life saver. I could draw one up but it would take a fair bit of time to do it. I just don't have one to reverse engineer. Trouble is with the ST is what I have seen as at current here in the photo posted, they are SMD which makes it tougher to do. I have attempted to track down this info myself and spent a good amount of time to come up with NOTHING yet. Someone has to have this info but finding out who is the deal and it would probably require a subscription fee to access that info. I used to have that kind of access years ago when I was doing repair work on electronics, I gave that up because a lot of the time it cost more to fix stuff then it did to replace it. The ST has a bunch of additional circuitry for the auto track which has made it much more complicated, and the parts are much smaller too, things are a lot more crowded on the board. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:30 AM, Rick N. MI said:

Lobo st.jpg

Thing is with this model the board is most likely a multiple layer which makes it even harder to reverse trace the circuitry. The Russian clone model on Ebay is only a 2 layer, conductors on both sides and nothing in between with a laminated board. It's a big enough mess by itself and for sure this model is way beyond that. Is this a replacement board or was it removed by unsoldering the leads? It appears to be a new board with no solder in the J points, so there must be some instructions lit for it. If so, it would be a big help to Trisha providing her board isn't toast now. I would like to know as much as could be provided about this detector just for my own benefit and for others. 

27 minutes ago, Lobo Exp said:

For sure on that! A schematic would be a life saver. I could draw one up but it would take a fair bit of time to do it. I just don't have one to reverse engineer. Trouble is with the ST is what I have seen as at current here in the photo posted, they are SMD which makes it tougher to do. I have attempted to track down this info myself and spent a good amount of time to come up with NOTHING yet. Someone has to have this info but finding out who is the deal and it would probably require a subscription fee to access that info. I used to have that kind of access years ago when I was doing repair work on electronics, I gave that up because a lot of the time it cost more to fix stuff then it did to replace it. The ST has a bunch of additional circuitry for the auto track which has made it much more complicated, and the parts are much smaller too, things are a lot more crowded on the board. 

I tried their facebook page, hoping someone still comes back to it once in awhile.

6 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

I tried their facebook page, hoping someone still comes back to it once in awhile.

Good luck on that. 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, rled2005 said:

There’s a momentary push button that I was most curious about.

If you mean J20, it's right next to the micro which means it is probably used to set the micro in a particular mode or state for factory cal.

2 hours ago, Geotech said:

If you mean J20, it's right next to the micro which means it is probably used to set the micro in a particular mode or state for factory cal.

Thank you. That was my suspicions.