Equinox 900

Luis

December 2022 Update: Main new release thread is below, please post there, instead of this year and a half old thread.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/20419-equinox-900-new-release-info/

What is known about this rumor that is being talked about in a Facebook group?

IMG-20210322-WA0006.jpg

• Like 2

Are we to assume the '900' will have 9 modes, just one more than the '800' model ?
I would guess 'All-Metal' is the obvious missing one, and easiest to implement. That may disappoint those wanting a '1200' or '1600' model.
[ though the mighty power of mathematics also allows for a machine with 9 modes such as Park1/2/3; Field 1/2/3 ; Beach 1/2/3 ... but not that compatible with the existing LCD display, unless you 'illuminate' both Park1 AND Park2 for the third mode. ]

21 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

Are we to assume the '900' will have 9 modes, just one more than the '800' model ?
I would guess 'All-Metal' is the obvious missing one, and easiest to implement. That may disappoint those wanting a '1200' or '1600' model.
[ though the mighty power of mathematics also allows for a machine with 9 modes such as Park1/2/3; Field 1/2/3 ; Beach 1/2/3 ... but not that compatible with the existing LCD display, unless you 'illuminate' both Park1 AND Park2 for the third mode. ]

So does that mean that the 800 has 3.7875 times less features than the CTX? 

😉

• Like 1

Maybe it's my OCD, but I'd be surprised if Minelab came out with an Equinox "900."

I can see them coming out with a machine that's a step up from the 800 (although that recent price hike may not support this idea), but if so, wouldn't it be the Equinox 1000 or 1200?

Going from 600 to 800 to 900 just seems a bit...odd. Not saying it can't be true, but unlikely in my opinion.

Or maybe that's just me.

If there was any logic to numbering, then why go from the X-Terra 70 to the 705?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm.

So , did they plan the 6000 before the 7000 was released??

Two different types of detectors.  The GPZ 7000 is not a pulse induction machine like the GPX 4500/4800/5000 and 6000.

Lately their numbering convention has roughly followed MSRP in Aussie (Vanquish) or US (Equinox/GPX 6000) dollars.

”Minelab* equinox900” Coming soon..

......FROM CHINA 😔

• Like 2