Are we to assume the '900' will have 9 modes, just one more than the '800' model ?
I would guess 'All-Metal' is the obvious missing one, and easiest to implement. That may disappoint those wanting a '1200' or '1600' model.
[ though the mighty power of mathematics also allows for a machine with 9 modes such as Park1/2/3; Field 1/2/3 ; Beach 1/2/3 ... but not that compatible with the existing LCD display, unless you 'illuminate' both Park1 AND Park2 for the third mode. ]

21 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

Are we to assume the '900' will have 9 modes, just one more than the '800' model ?
I would guess 'All-Metal' is the obvious missing one, and easiest to implement. That may disappoint those wanting a '1200' or '1600' model.
[ though the mighty power of mathematics also allows for a machine with 9 modes such as Park1/2/3; Field 1/2/3 ; Beach 1/2/3 ... but not that compatible with the existing LCD display, unless you 'illuminate' both Park1 AND Park2 for the third mode. ]

So does that mean that the 800 has 3.7875 times less features than the CTX? 

😉

• Like 1

Maybe it's my OCD, but I'd be surprised if Minelab came out with an Equinox "900."

I can see them coming out with a machine that's a step up from the 800 (although that recent price hike may not support this idea), but if so, wouldn't it be the Equinox 1000 or 1200?

Going from 600 to 800 to 900 just seems a bit...odd. Not saying it can't be true, but unlikely in my opinion.

Or maybe that's just me.

If there was any logic to numbering, then why go from the X-Terra 70 to the 705?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm.

So , did they plan the 6000 before the 7000 was released??

Two different types of detectors.  The GPZ 7000 is not a pulse induction machine like the GPX 4500/4800/5000 and 6000.

Lately their numbering convention has roughly followed MSRP in Aussie (Vanquish) or US (Equinox/GPX 6000) dollars.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By aerospace guy
      I bought these headphones and used them in the ocean last week in the Kauai (up to my neck).The dealer is always busy or on a trip so I thought I'd throw this out there to get some feedback. I had a few instances where the audio cut out completely and I jiggled the cord and it came back. My question is, should the end of the headphone cord have an o-ring like a lot of my scuba equipment does? The EQ800 still seems to work fine so I don't believe any water made it's way inside detector.
                         As to my success ..well let's just say I understand why my dealer goes to Cancun for his jewelry hunts and not where I went where the waves are 3,4,5 feet. I quickly looked for beaches with "breakwaters" that you can safely take children to and I did find lots of coins and 1 silver diamond ring..but man, it was still 'surgey' as heck and not easy to lift one foot up to push scoop into sand while keeping your balance! Anyone have any experience in using the EQ in the ocean? I saw online sand scoops with a "cross" handle (like on a small shovel) where when you scoop you can keep the scoop from twisting sideways...thoughts..usage?The scoop handle would have to be a "breakdown" type to be able to pack for air travel. The scoop I took has a straight shaft that easily turns sideways when scooping.
    • By schoolofhardNox
      So, my beach season hunting has officially started. I was going to shoot for two days hunting but a wash out on Thursday made me change some plans. I had reserved Thursday for the GPX 6000 and the 14” DD coil, but had to settle for trying the 6000, 5000 and Equinox on Friday. I changed beach locations too and ended up at the less EMI beach for the day. Started out using the GPX 5000 for clearing out some of the recently deposited junk in an area that has produced silver before. I thought the storms that ripped through the previous day would remove some sand, but it was just the opposite…. sand deposited along 3/4 of the beach (top to bottom). Also, high tide reach to the highest point of the beach, so I could only hunt where the waves did not constantly reach up top. The 5000 did well considering the beach was really sanded in and gave me my first silver of the season – a 1955 Washington quarter. The rest was clad, but for 2 copper pennies. Some junk jewelry, and maybe some iron shot or just a ball bearing, - it measured .75 caliber. The big spoon was found at 20” and I thought I was going to get a beer can or some big iron, so that was a nice surprise. Hunted with the 5000 for 6 hours and decided I cleared enough to try the 6000 in that spot. The EMI was a bit more than usual but not really bad. I’m still not sold on that 14” coil. I tried both ground settings, as well as both Salt mode and EMI mode. I tried auto, auto +, manual (full) and manual (setting 1) and some in between. I just could not get the 6000  to not false on the sand. It was partially damp, as high tide receded a while ago, but with a sensitivity of 1, I would have expected a smooth clean machine. IDK maybe the coil is not good. I did not bring the 11” mono as I really wanted to see if the salt mode would work on the 14” DD. Being a bit disappointed, and after trying all combinations of settings, I called it after around 10 minutes. So, the tide was getting as low as it was going to be, so I hunted for 3 hours with the Equinox and traded my spade for my scoop. I didn’t use the Nox much last season as the 5000 was killing the silver, so the Nox sat idle. But I wanted to see if the heavy waves dropped anything on the beach along with all that sand. There weren’t many targets, so I dug everything to get a feel for all the numbers. The hairpins and tiny wire all read a steady -2, -3. The Nox did well for the short time I used it and if I wasn’t beat from the hunt, I would have stayed in the area that was producing some coins. It was the best machine for the day to give me a chance at some gold. It felt really, really good to get out and just walk the beach. Next week all 3 machines will be at the crazy EMI beach. I will have the mono coin and the DD to see if this beach (dry sand) will be ok for the 14” coil. Can’t wait!!!

• By ☠ Cipher
      Official Minelab instructional video

• By Dances With Doves
      My machine's    ears on my coil broke plus  it had some fog in the control box even though it still  worked fine.I got my machine on Aug 1 2018 so  I needed to send it in fast since   I thought I only had about a month to go on the warranty.I actually had  until October .I brought it to the post office on Sat at 2:30 pm and it was at my door at about 9:00 am on  Thursday.They gave me a new coil  with a cover plus  a new control pod with a new rod for it.My machine went only  from  N. Y. to Penn. but this is much faster then the time  I thought  I would get it back.Thank you Minelab for your great service.I had to use my Infinium in the water  while  my Nox was  sitting on the sideline and  despite  not using it since July 2018  I got 4 gold  on 1  day and 7 overall with this 2002 machine in 5    hunts. My Nox has 3 gold  in 4 outings. 
    • By Dan(NM)
      Got in the water today for about 3 hours, did okay with a couple of James Avery medallion and a fancy silver ring. I was wading chest deep, so the Nox may have went down 4' max. Got home and unloaded everything and noticed my screen was foggy, upon closer inspection I could see water behind the screen. I bought this machine because my first 800's warranty expired, this one is a little over a year old.
       This makes #4 that I've had problems with, 1st was a power button problem, 2nd was a battery(charging issue), 3rd machine took on water and now another leaker. I'm headed for a vacation this coming week and will be staying on the water for a few days. I'm glad I bought a Simplex as a backup, looks like I'm gonna need it. I'll run it til it dies and then contact Minelab

• By TedinVT
      Credit to Gigmaster for his latest video identifying a good bet for the source of the control pod leaks.  Very interesting. 
      While I'm at it, Gigmaster recently did a video on how he is repairing and reinforcing the Nox coil ears.  I had both coil ears fail last year and had the coil replaced under warranty.  Now that my warranty expired in Feb. I figured I'd give Gig's ABS plastic reinforcing mod a try.  I used 1/8” ABS (I wouldn't recommend anything thicker) and Gorilla Weld 2 part epoxy like Gig used.  It went very well and is rock solid.