Tarsacci 12 Inch Coil Vs The Stock

Is it just my imagination or is the Tarsacci MDT 8000 a different machine with the 12 inch coil on it??  Just seems to be more stable to me, I ran the machine yesterday with the stock coil, same settings basically in a farm field, just didn’t seem to be the same as a few days ago with the 12 inch.  

• Like 1

I’m not sure about stability however from what I’m seeing and feedback I’m getting the 12” BEAST coil seems to be better at separation in trash than the stock coil....

Aaron

• Like 1

I think that you are right! Does very well in target separation. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 2:19 PM, Dug2gld said:

Is it just my imagination or is the Tarsacci MDT 8000 a different machine with the 12 inch coil on it??  Just seems to be more stable to me, I ran the machine yesterday with the stock coil, same settings basically in a farm field, just didn’t seem to be the same as a few days ago with the 12 inch.  

I’m seeing the same with using the 12” coil, better stability. Can run full sensitivity with 12” in open inland areas, Before with stock couldn’t operate at max. 

Mix mod is deeper than all-metal mode, have a shield nickel buried at 14.5” inches at a test bed in an actual 1850 relic site.  Tarsacci with 12” coil gets it both directions using  mix mode and I’m not talking iron audio only it’s both conducive and iron audio, switch to all-metal it’s very faint to almost not there. I don’t care for discrimination mode, it’ll detect the 12.5 buried shield nickel but really don’t care for the short target response.  My opinion, using disc mode one can easily miss a deep target, audio response is to narrow kind of like a chirp.  

Mix mode is definitely my favorite, 12” coil is a winner. Will never slap on the stock coil again, 12” definitely deeper and operates with higher sensitivity.  Separation, fantastic!

Paul

• Like 5

P.... we tested mixed and AM the other day at the beach in wet sand with the 12" coil.  We wanted to take advantage of both and AM and disc.... but we also want to ensure it was as deep as AM in mixed mode.  It was... for the depth and targets we were testing.   I dont use disc except to reverse disc.  Its just to solid of a tone.... i like a more drawed out tone that AM gives me.... that bang and more pops than false tones.  It depending on if your headphones are using speakers or pizzos as to how much modulation you may get.   AM in most machines gives a better size and depth modulation..... thus why it may seem like a weaker signal.  Its much like the old Explorers ..... i maxed out the gain so all targets sounded the same in trash so those weak signals didnt get lost or filtered out.   In open areas i used less gain giving me a little depth modulation on targets.  The 12" coil initially for me had more chatter near the surf.  The way i had been adjusting the standard coil didnt work...... that was moving the SB higher.   What i found was in some cases moving it down cleared it right up.  If Aarons post on small aluminum is correct then .... moving the SB lower on this coil may make it more sensitive to some smaller gold.   Ive been real pleased with the depth of the targets ive been digging as well of the coverage..... and no i wont be taking it off either.  

• Like 5

Good review Paul. That makes me want one.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:49 AM, Aaron said:

I’m not sure about stability however from what I’m seeing and feedback I’m getting the 12” BEAST coil seems to be better at separation in trash than the stock coil....

Aaron

I dug a colonial spot last week in iron and pulled 9 buttons with the 12 inch coil. It’s a great set up. 

• Like 2