Looks Like Its Time For An American Adventure....

Paul, Alaska has relaxed its Covid restrictions, but you should check to see if you can get through the border in Canada. Last I heard some time ago was that they were not letting people through.

It would be a shame to travel all that way, only to be turned back at the border.

• Like 1

Would they let you in with a vaccine card?

• Sad 1

In Alaska they still wont let you through Canada for leisure only essential don't think they will let you through with vaccine shot you can go to Seattle and ship your vehicle up tote is running a special right now ship on Wednesday or Thursday car in anchorage Monday or Tuesday  they are suppose to look at the  travel restrictions to go through Canada on the 24th of march i hope they will change it we would like to go to the lower 48 come fall for a trip

thanks doug

• Sad 1

Don't come to early its been being -10 in the mornings up into the teens in the afternoon with 2 feet of snow still on the ground in Wasilla Alaska         

thanks doug

• Sad 1

contact Alaska Marine Hgwy system and check on getting your rig onto the ferry at Seattle (or is it Bremerton now?)and ride up to I think Homer or Seward????  Don't go to Haines as I think you still have to cross into Canada if headed to Interior Alaska?   Just some thoughts.....

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Dam Aussies wont let me in yet......... bugger all...

Starting from Big Spring TX (dust storm central today) and heading west on I-20 to I-10 then thru New Mexico and im pretty sure I will be slowing down as I go thru AZ----- 

then either on to LA via Rand quad or sweep up thru Vegas and on to, tri-tip Luckys Cold Springs Hideout---- then take a left over the pass and on in to Porta-toilet where Sourdough Scott hangs out so i can pick up a jar of relish!!!!!---- next would be a refreshment stop in Quincy area to see a few old mates---- then on the Redding area,  and over the hill to Eureka- then North to Alaska.....

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN FORE-WARNED..... use your due diligence to decide if you want to be in those areas.....hahahahahaha.🤣😂🤠

Alaska's gain our lost Paul.

Here in Victoria the worst hit by covid19 in Aust. compared to a lot of Country we were lucky but not for the old ones in nursing homes. To-day Victoria has had 2 incubations free of Covid (24 day with no case in the state). The wife and I got the virus shot in the first roll out yesterday for the non essential health workers etc. Aust. is on the way to being immuned with the vaccine in a few months, so keep some leave up your sleeve as Alaska is not suitable for thongs.😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I wasn’t clear about the route when I got to the border.

Canada is far stricter than the USA.
Not just Covid..or the flu whichever you want to call it.

I had a DUI in 1990 and they wanted me to pay them 250.00 to come thru in 2005. 
i went on a trip going from grand forks up  to the via rail line in Canada to port Rupert, but they wouldn’t let me in. I told them I didn’t intend to drive the train I was just riding along....🥸no go..., 

Told me to get off the bus on the border and I had to hitchhike back to grand forks ND

No... there won’t be any canook travel for me, eh....

I’ll put my car on the ferry in Bellingham like I did last time. 
i can get in... I’m  vaxxed up.  They didn’t even swab me in Ketchikan last trip until I asked them to.

And it’s a little warmer there.. and rainy!!!

Remember, I don’t travel very far at one time... it will take me a month or so to get there...🤠

you hear that klunker??? 
Tell the snow to go away !!!