Video About A 66oz Quartz Gold Nugget, Found 1983 In Sierra County, California

And

Well done. Looking forward to the next parts! Where in Sierra county did he find it?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Video About A 66oz Quartz Gold Nugget, Found 1983 In Sierra County, California
1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

Well done. Looking forward to the next parts! Where in Sierra county did he find it?

Thank you! Part 2 is completed and after positive review by the DeRaps family, it will be published around end of this week. Part 3 is almost completed, it will be published next week.

He found it in the south-western part of Sierra County. We wont disclose the exact location, to protect the interests of the current property owners. The DeRaps family lived in Alleghany at that time...

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Your videos are inspirational and a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to see one from a gold hunt in the swiss alps!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Thanks. Your videos are inspirational and a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to see one from a gold hunt in the swiss alps!

Thank you very much for the feedback!!! Makes me very happy. I just love it, to make this videos, but it of course great for me, if you guys like to watch them... 

This video here is about gold hunting in the Swiss Alps: 

• Like 1

Great story, well done interviews and edits!  Wow, he sold it for less than $170 per ounce. There are similar places where huge lunkers  like that were found in the area, some friends and I tried our luck looking for them in the 80’s when I lived there, but only found very small bits and pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Great story, well done interviews and edits!  Wow, he sold it for less than $170 per ounce. There are similar places where huge lunkers  like that were found in the area, some friends and I tried our luck looking for them in the 80’s when I lived there, but only found very small bits and pieces.

Thank you for the comment, I appreciate! Part 2 is ready in short time. They'll talk more detailed about the nugget and how it was found in part 2.

Price: It was in fact a quarz-gold nugget, i.e. not solid gold. This has to be taken into account, when calculation price per oz. On the other hand I also think, such a incredible piece should make a way higher price, because it is an extremely rare collectors piece. I think at that time it was difficult to find a buyer for something like that and who was willing to pay a collector price. They had about two years to find a buyer. Today with all the worldwide networks it would be way easier to find buyers, I guess.

Anyway, the DeRaps are such a great family, they didn't talk much about money, the story and the family ranks much higher for them. You will understand, what I mean, after watching part 2 😉

• Like 2

Great video, thanks for sharing. The story at the end with the magazine is awesome. Also, how funny the swiss guy with the beard who says "It's cool man". You show him briefly for 2 seconds or so in between the story. This was one of my favorite chocolate commercials and was hugely popular when I was a young man, and we all would say in college to virtually everything: "it's cool man". I completely forgot about it. Until now 😁 Thanks for making my day!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Great video, thanks for sharing. The story at the end with the magazine is awesome. Also, how funny the swiss guy with the beard who says "It's cool man". You show him briefly for 2 seconds or so in between the story. This was one of my favorite chocolate commercials and was hugely popular when I was a young man, and we all would say in college to virtually everything: "it's cool man". I completely forgot about it. Until now 😁 Thanks for making my day!

Haha, it's cool man, that you know our lovely "cool man". He was a Swiss Musician and he became really famous with this ad. Later, he performed also the song "Geierwally, Geierwally, I love you" (Geierwally is the name of a girl from the mountains). Well, you could discuss the quality of this song 😃 but it was fun for sure. We had a lot of party to this song.

• Like 1