Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

I snagged one off of Kellyco last night and now they're out of stock too.

For what it's worth, I've had one on preorder from another vendor for quite a while. When and if it comes in, I'll sell it here (on the Classifieds) unopened for the regular price it cost me if anyone is interested.  

I might take it.  If not, I'm sure somebody will. Thanks for the kind gesture.

• Like 1

Im impatiently waiting, I preordered the 10x5 coil with two different dealers. Still waiting..... and I'm watching construction slowly encroach on the colonial to civil war iron infested site I specifically purchased the coil to hunt on. The horrors! May-June is the window I have to hunt the site, The Horrors.

35 minutes ago, Scarfoot said:

Im impatiently waiting, I preordered the 10x5 coil with two different dealers. Still waiting..... and I'm watching construction slowly encroach on the colonial to civil war iron infested site I specifically purchased the coil to hunt on. The horrors! May-June is the window I have to hunt the site, The Horrors.

Hit it with the stock coil.  Turn down sensitivity, turn up recovery speed and have at it.  The 10x5 is not going to make a dramatic difference in your ability to hunt that site from a separation standpoint.  The 10x5 strong suit is not so much separation as that it provides the ability swing in constrained areas, is light weight yet gives superior swing coverage vs. the 6" round.  If I had a choice, would I tend to grab the 10x5 vs. the stock in the situation you describe? ...Yes.  But I can easily make do with the stock coil in that situation.  In other words, don't sit on the sidelines waiting for the optimal accessory coil to show up, if you have limited site access time, hit it with whatever equipment you already have in hand.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hit it with the stock coil.  Turn down sensitivity, turn up recovery speed and have at it.  The 10x5 is not going to make a dramatic difference in your ability to hunt that site from a separation standpoint.  The 10x5 strong suit is not so much separation as that it provides the ability swing in constrained areas, is light weight yet gives superior swing coverage vs. the 6" round.  If I had a choice, would I tend to grab the 10x5 vs. the stock in the situation you describe? ...Yes.  But I can easily make do with the stock coil in that situation.  In other words, don't sit on the sidelines waiting for the optimal accessory coil to show up, if you have limited site access time, hit it with whatever equipment you already have in hand.

I'm already getting in there with the stock coil and I'm pulling more nonferrous targets than I believed were still present, I'm running sensitivity at 16 and recovery speed at five in Park 2 and I'm getting small targets amongst the iron. I'm just curious what the smaller coil will recover for me. There is also a highline near by and some emi is present. I  Don't think I can get away with any higher sensitivity, you think I should go faster with recovery speed?

Thanks for all input,

Yes i would crank the recovery up to at least 7 maybe 8. You will be surprised if you have not tried it.

• Like 3

Recovery 8 if there is a lot of iron. As low as 4 away from the iron. I often change my recovery speed in relation to the amount of low tones I hear.

Try the single frequencies if you haven't already. They might be less affected by EMI and allow you to raise the sensitivity. High frequencies are sensitive to low conductors and good for separation. Low frequencies are sensitive to high conductors and good for depth.

I would be using Field 1.  Possibly Field 2 if there is a ton of iron or a lot of mineralization.

28 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Question for those that have received their 10x5 coils...

Was your coil shipped in a mailing bag or a box?

Bag

The reason I asked whether others received their 10x5 coil in a bag or a box is because this how I received mine in a plain mailer bag with no padding or protection.

Nox10x5-1.jpg

Nox10x5-2.jpg

• Sad 2