Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

I'd demand a full refund. They might offer a compromise with a 50% refund and let you keep the coil.

Coils should always be boxed when shipped.

• Like 1

I did contact the seller and sent photos. They responded quickly and basically I have 30 days to return it in the original Coiltek packaging in pristine condition for a refund. Given the continuing lack of stock in the US, I think I'll just put a garbage bag on it and do some testing at a local park to see if it's fully functional. If it is, I'll probably just keep it and fix it myself.

I would have thought such a huge detecting seller would have packed such an expensive coil more carefully for shipping. I ordered a much cheaper Nel coil for my old White's Prizm earlier in the month (from a different seller) and it came in it's own form-fitted box that protected the entire coil, including the mounting ears, cable, and strain relief.

This is very dissappointing, but I hope everybody else's orders arrive safely. 🙁

I think the plastic bag I received mine in was a little padded. It looked fine and has worked fine as well. But just like the rest of you guys I was a little surprised that it was not in a more protective box. My main concern was where the coil wire came out of the coil and it was fine. Good luck!! 

Oh, I'm really liking mine and even tho the 11" does separate very well I believe the 5x10 is better. The shape alone makes it better at working a signal. 

However when I get into a large area and knowing the 11" is a little deeper and it separates good too I just can't not use it.lol 

So far for me I'm using both coils about 50% of the time. (I rarely used the 6") So my answer would be yes I'd buy the 5x10 again after using it for a while now. I get more confidence in it all the time.

• Like 1

quality boxing and packaging would make sense for a quality coil. potential problems, damage, defects and delays could happen without it.  However it is what it is...  Poor packaging maybe.

Well my 15 arrived in a homemade box with plenty of bubble wrap and inside a coiltek plastic bag and cardboard fold. But when I removed it, one entire ear was damaged and looked like it had been pulled out too early when hot formed. Florida Dealer was AWESOME and sent a replacement the next day. 

DB1587D1-D929-4248-A622-D8B27FE6E186.jpeg

FC8782CA-0F39-4DBA-9AA3-77C1CF55759B.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

I received my 5x10 in a padded bag. It works great.

• Like 2

My 15” came in a bag packed in a box with lots of bubble wrap. Serious Detecting. Sadly it is to heavy for my shoulder and after two hours I have to stop. Old age and arthritis sux. Guess I might be selling it. Sorry you guys got what I would call pitiful service. Anything to make a buck.

• Sad 2