Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

Carolina 

That’s the only trouble with a big coil but what I do is run it just as near to your feet as can.

Even when I was young starting out detecting I went with a small coil. Then I could hunt all day and day after day yet never get tired.

The trouble now is all my youth went south and I don’t mean South America.

The Best To You and never give up are give in.

Chuck 

23 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Carolina, how about a detector support strap and as Ridge Runner suggested?

Thanks but I feel being tethered to the machine uncomfortable as well. As age crept up on me my CTX became an issue so I bought a set up for it. After awhile that became bothersome so I put the CTX down as well. I probably should sell it as well. Thanks for all the tips though.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 10:35 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Carolina 

That’s the only trouble with a big coil but what I do is run it just as near to your feet as can.

Even when I was young starting out detecting I went with a small coil. Then I could hunt all day and day after day yet never get tired.

The trouble now is all my youth went south and I don’t mean South America.

The Best To You and never give up are give in.

Chuck 

Thanks Chuck but this is more of a balance issue. I have no issues with a 18” coil on my straight stick behind the shoulder Excalibur or even my new Impusle  with a 12 1/2” coil as they are well balanced. Yes running the coil close to your feet helps. I think that using a slightly more expensive lightweight potting material and or daming off the coil spokes or supports would have been nice. Thanks again for your input.

• Like 1

While I wait for availability of the 10x5 Coiltek, I decided to make myself feel better by constructing an interim solution.  

Good ergonomics, runs quiet and stable, great depth and separation.  Almost like it was designed in cooperation with the Equinox for optimal operation.  

😉

~Tim

20210430_070410.thumb.jpg.4962b90cc7a68e6a1992a8f377b99031.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 7:17 AM, Tiftaaft said:

While I wait for availability of the 10x5 Coiltek, I decided to make myself feel better by constructing an interim solution.  

Good ergonomics, runs quiet and stable, great depth and separation.  Almost like it was designed in cooperation with the Equinox for optimal operation.  

😉

~Tim

20210430_070410.thumb.jpg.4962b90cc7a68e6a1992a8f377b99031.jpg

Has any of you guys recieved a 10*5 coiltek for equinox lately ,  I've got 2 ordered from different dealers and I'm still waiting....

15 hours ago, Scarfoot said:

Has any of you guys recieved a 10*5 coiltek for equinox lately ,  I've got 2 ordered from different dealers and I'm still waiting....

I haven't heard of anyone receiving their preorder in a while. The seller that I preodered from in February recently sent a notice that they expected to see orders to begin arriving in June.

• Like 2

I have a 5" x 10" on order for many weeks... have not heard of anyone getting one lately.   Thought I'd gotten one last month from "Serious", and put it in my cart and paid  for it, only to have the order cancelled.   Too many buyers and not enough coils.

I don’t understand all I need is one!haha

Wish in one hand and spit in the other to see what gets full the fastest .

Chuck 

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2021 at 6:04 PM, Carolina said:

Thanks but I feel being tethered to the machine uncomfortable as well. As age crept up on me my CTX became an issue so I bought a set up for it. After awhile that became bothersome so I put the CTX down as well. I probably should sell it as well. Thanks for all the tips though.

Hi ,

The lightest multifreq machine is at the moment the Garrett Apex : 2,6lbs/1,17kg with the stock 11X6 Viper coil . And this can very easily be reduced to 2,4lbs/1.07kg by just replacing the rubber handle and the arm rest with lighter parts.

For info an Equinox with the 11 stock coil weighs 2,8lbs ( 1,26kg ) .