Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

Here  Minelab is sending Nox coils and  6000’s because they say this is where the gold rush is . But the dealers are selling to us and getting restocked and we can’t buy a one in the US . Guys it’s something bad wrong with this picture.

If I was Minelab that dealer wouldn’t be selling anything that had to do with Minelab ever again.

I can’t blame the guy who is willing to pay the price to get one but I’d find it hard to believe that Minelab is okay with this.

We may know the answer to that before the day is out.

The distribution center here has about 1500 of the Nox coils on back order and he can’t get one.

Between them and Minelab somebody is going to need some chap stick before the day is out.

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Here  Minelab is sending Nox coils and  6000’s because they say this is where the gold rush is . But the dealers are selling to us and getting restocked and we can’t buy a one in the US . Guys it’s something bad wrong with this picture.

If I was Minelab that dealer wouldn’t be selling anything that had to do with Minelab ever again.

I can’t blame the guy who is willing to pay the price to get one but I’d find it hard to believe that Minelab is okay with this.

We may know the answer to that before the day is out.

The distribution center here has about 1500 of the Nox coils on back order and he can’t get one.

Between them and Minelab somebody is going to need some chap stick before the day is out.

Chuck 

Minelab has nothing to do with distributing and selling the Nox coils.  They are a CoilTek product (Coiltek is is independent and not a subsidiary of ML) product and all ML did was strike some sort of deal with CoilTek to use the Equinox coil compatibility chip and perhaps license them to use “Nox” in the product name.

• Like 1

Chase

I know what you say is true but I’d find it hard to believe that Minelab don’t have something to say about this. I guess only time will tell how this will play out.

Chuck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Guys it’s something bad wrong with this picture.

Chuck 

HUH????

Like I said if someone wants to pay the price that’s up to them. I have trouble with it when you can’t buy one in the USA and the guy you buying from can get as many as they want .

If we were getting a shipment every so often that would be different but that’s not the case .

I really don’t care who don’t like me for speaking out . I just feel right is right and the way it’s done is not.

Chuck 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Like I said if someone wants to pay the price that’s up to them. I have trouble with it when you can’t buy one in the USA and the guy you buying from can get as many as they want .

If we were getting a shipment every so often that would be different but that’s not the case .

I really don’t care who don’t like me for speaking out . I just feel right is right and the way it’s done is not.

Chuck 

I was just trying to glean whether you are upset with me (can't figure out why), or the dealer in NZ (can't figure out why), or Minelab (they don't produce the coil), or Coiltek (that makes sense, although maybe they didn't predict the amount of demand there might be).  It is a capitalist endeavor, for which we all should be happy.  Minelab has a great detector and I predict this new coil will only bring that experience to the next level.  HH

I’m not mad at anyone who is willing to pay a high price to get a coil they want. I can’t say I’m mad at the dealer that sold it to you. It’s just if he has so many and can get more just bye asking for it then what’s stopping us from getting them here. You and others shouldn’t have to go else where to get what you want.

We the people here in the USA have been great customers of any product that’s associated with Minelab metal detectors and Minelab detectors. I just don’t like being treated like a step child after being a faithful customer all these years.

Chuck 

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’m not mad at anyone who is willing to pay a high price to get a coil they want. I can’t say I’m mad at the dealer that sold it to you. It’s just if he has so many and can get more just bye asking for it then what’s stopping us from getting them here. You and others shouldn’t have to go else where to get what you want.

We the people here in the USA have been great customers of any product that’s associated with Minelab metal detectors and Minelab detectors. I just don’t like being treated like a step child after being a faithful customer all these years.

Chuck 

The coils are manufactured in Australia and shipped world wide.  New Zealand happens to be very close to Australia so the supply chain logistics delays are minimal.  Add to that the fact that metal detecting is probably not as popular in New Zealand vs. the States and you can better understand why this dealer in NZ has plenty of coils to sell.   dbs paid about $65 more than I paid from my normal MD equipment dealer.  Considering where it is being shipped from, that’s not too bad.  Anyway, here is the official statement from CoilTek:

IMPORTANT UPDATE - Coiltek NOX COILS

Since we launched the new NOX coils just 4 weeks ago on the 3rd of March 2021, we have received 1000’s orders for the product, and these orders are continuing to grow each day. We have never before experienced such demand for a Coiltek product.

We are naturally delighted to have such a positive response to the NOX product and we are grateful for your support. However, due to this unprecedented worldwide demand and the various impacts of COVID-19, deliveries are taking longer than usual. 

Be assured, our worldwide distributors and dealers are doing the best they can and we are keeping in close contact with them. They are being updated regularly on availability and stock quantities.

We at Coiltek have a great production team and we are working around the clock to supply. Our commitment to quality and providing you with the best product possible is and will continue to be at the forefront. 

Current delays can be up to 6-8 weeks. The best way to purchase a NOX coil is to contact your local Coiltek dealer and place an order. Again, thank you for your support and patience, we sincerely apologise for these delays.

The Team at Coiltek

I know, doesn’t make you feel better, but at least you know it’s not because CoilTek hates the USA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It’s just if he has so many and can get more just bye asking for it then what’s stopping us from getting them here.

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase  

I hope you have a great evening.

Chuck 

Chuck - my apologies that you got offended.  Thought I put enough smiley faces in so you could see I was just trying to inject some levity.  You asked the question above and you repeatedly complained in several posts that you felt the US was somehow being disrespected by Minelab/CoilTek as a result of this coil shortage. All I tried to do was provide perspective with levity and to give you a straightforward answer as to why CoilTek was struggling to deliver and why the NZ dealer had a leg up on the US dealers.  He simply had a geographic advantage.  I guess I should have thrown in some references to the Missus or to inappropriately clad chic beach detectorists from the Northeast so you could relate better to the humor.  :laugh:  As a result I’ve since edited the post to make it boring and humorless so as not to offend anyone’s sensibilities.  Once again, my apologies and I hope you have a great evening.  

• Like 1