Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

10 hours ago, longbow62 said:

I just got an email from Serious Detecting saying they were in stock. I ordered one. We will see if it was worth it or not. I kind of have my doubts.

I think you will like it. It's been working great for me. So good in fact that I may not use the stock coil any longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longbow62 said:

How much depth loss with the Coiltek 10x5? Does it handle EMI any better?

last week I was at the beach, dug targets sometimes over 12" deep. I started to have some minor EMI issues when the people came with their cell phones. However, beach sand may be more "permeable" than farm dirt. There was some black sand there, and seaweed in spots that gave intermittent iron tones, but quick ground balance fixed that, the 10x5 ground balances much easier than the stock coil.

I've used this coil in the woods, and it also performs well. For sure it can identify good targets that are partially masked by undesirable ones. It's hard to describe but you get a bunch of different signals all at once, that means you should dig.

I've only had true EMI problems in one place I go, I'm going again next week. There I switched to 10kHz, the only single frequency that didn't make a lot of noise, and ended up finding every coin in the area I was searching.

You're only losing one inch of sweep coverage, getting better "focus" on the target below the coil (less interference from multiple targets under a larger coil), and the ability to get into tighter spaces. Least of all it's lighter!

Cant find them anywhere now lol...I was on the serious mailing list but no e mail for me...still looking

strick