Hey everyone! I’m here in my spare bathroom, and I took a few pictures after cleaning. I found these old bottles a few days ago while hunting on a hill by my grandfathers house. The house was built in 1909 I think, and he told me it used to be a bottle dump in the nearby woods. It was my first time getting to look at the hill. Anyway, I was just asking if anyone knows anything about these little bottles/jars. The one on the farthest left looks like a cork top. The seem does not go all the way to the top(maybe blown in a mold?) it has a W in a triangle on the bottom and a number. The second bottle/jar has a screw type lip. It was lines and dots going almost all the way around the bottle, but stops in a section(see pictures). Was this maybe for a label? It also has a strange rectangular hole in the bottom. Any ideas what that was for? The last jar on the far right looks like a little vase. It has a nice green color, but a small chip. It also has a screw type lid. It does look neat. I would like to know what originally came in them and what they were used for. Anyone who knows about bottles or anyone who would like to guess would be appreciated. Thank you for looking, and I hope to hear your guesses! 

FBBD9D7E-02FA-46E4-AFEF-7A78BF006ACB.jpeg

328F48FA-BF57-4B06-96B5-B078F8D59F7D.jpeg

E6C6F420-8BD3-482B-A70A-EAFA2B0BDC2C.jpeg

A4BEA2B2-46DE-4389-97F7-5C55A191D91D.jpeg

2355538E-5657-475C-BBA0-424B2D9931A4.jpeg

DED8524B-32A0-4F40-B40C-9C737BB5718E.jpeg

• Like 6

I have more bottles to show soon, I haven’t cleaned them yet.

The broken green glass piece is a depression era salt/pepper shaker (it has a pattern name, but you would have to look that up).  The amber ones look to be automatic bottle machine bottles, could have contained just about anything.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Good call on the depression glass! The wide mouth bottle is probably a newer-ish jam or jelly jar, it's wide to accommodate a spoon or knife. The cork type bottle usually is medicine of some sort.

Thanks to everyone for responding! I like find these old glass and then finding out what they are. If some of them are newer, I don’t care because they look cool. If anyone else has any guesses, please let me know!

I think they also call the depression one, Vaseline glass. Some are even radioactive (uranium,) and glow under (I'm assuming) a black light. Google images of Vaseline glass and you can see them glow. Nice piece.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Some are even radioactive (uranium,) and glow under (I'm assuming) a black light.

That’s cool! I might have to try that to see if this is one of them!

These are very cool!

On 3/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, rvpopeye said:

you should go back on that hill.

I plan to in the near future, before all the plants grow in.

• Like 1