Great job Lunk, or should I say great joy? Some really cool nuggets there.

Thanks for showing,

Mike

• Thanks 1

Great hunting for sure and one of these days I will get to make some finds of my own.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing Lunk. We hitting the ground for day 3 at Quartzsite and only have one dink to show so far. Nice to know persistence might pay off!

• Thanks 1

Very Nice !!!!!

• Thanks 1

Just goes to show how much gold is still out there to be found.  How many years have you been going down there to those same spots and still finding gold?

Looks like you are heading home with another stash of golden cash or is this batch For Sale?

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Unfailingly, this is Lunks default post; finding gold where others have looked. No matter how flogged the area, it seems to make no difference.

You are always an inspiration, continued good hunting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Arky said:

Nice to know persistence might pay off!

There's no might about it, Arky; persistence does pay off. Keep after it, and the nuggets will show up. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rob Allison
      Hey Guys,
          I figured we can stir the pot just a little while we wait out the release of the Minelab GPX 6000, right?  
      That being said, Minelab still claims the GPZ 7000 can get "up to 40% more depth" over previous GPX detectors.  We can all question, does the GPX 6000 still fit in this category, as Minelab stated GPX detectors.  The upcoming Minelab GPX 6000 is still a GPX series detector, but primarily using GeoSense Technology.  I don't see where GeoSense really talks about any more depth ability over the previous GPX 5000, but it does mention about better ground response/clarity, maybe allowing you to hear something in higher mineralized ground over previous GPX series.  
      I don't claim to be an expert electronic prospector, but my specialty is in detecting for gold nuggets with the best detectors available.  We call all talk about how much gold we found, years of experience, regions we hunted and such ..... 
      The bottom line is I still feel the Minelab GPZ 7000 is the KING of detectors when it comes to depth.  Many Australian, African and US prospecting friends still feel the same.  I personally have found many large gold nuggets and specimens at max depth where I doubt any detector with a similar sized searchcoil would have found.  I also know that probably 1% or less of those large gold nuggets/specimens are out there still and the ones at max depth range of the current detector technology.  
      Does this justify the purchase of a Minelab GPZ 7000 over the upcoming GPX 6000, or should GPZ 7000 owners dump their units now?  These are questions I personally can't advise anyone on, but it's something to consider when you make a purchase of a metal detector in the thousands of dollar range.  
      What I can leave you with is my personal experience over the last 25 years chasing gold nuggets .... If you are in areas where there has been historically large gold nuggets, overburden to bedrock/paylayer/caliche/false bedrock that can be several feet and deeper in depth, you might seriously consider either holding your current GPZ 7000 or consider a purchase of one at some point.  
      I personally will not be parting with my trusty GPZ 7000, we have a 5+ year personal relationship.  We have been through tough times, bad weather, I even yelled at her and dropped her a few times!  Like Steve mentioned before, you could actually fall in love with your detector. 
      Wishing you all much success with whatever detector(s) you swing. 
      P.S.  Below is a recent GPZ 7000 find, max depth, just a break in the threshold (yes the GPZ 7000 has one). Nearly a pound in weight (uncleaned in picture) 
      Rob 

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I've read a few posts from those who have both and their input is pretty much what I expected.
      Having fun (especially with others) is the majority of why I enjoy detecting.  Only a select few actually do it for a living and do well.  The rest of us (me included), enjoy the hunt, adventures, comradery with like minded friends, and getting some gold on occasion. It's looking like the GPX-6000 is getting the majority of gold better than the GPZ-7000.  So, is the extra weight worth the rare occasional big nugget?  Lets go a step farther.  Say the ZED hits a 4 ounce nugget at 34".  Will the 6000 hit that same nugget at 30", 32" 33" or 34".  Say it's 2" less and only gets the chunk at 32".  It's still near 3' deep which is deeper than most folks enjoy digging and or most other detectors out there.  
      So the reality for most folks, the GPX-6000 at a cost savings of $2000 and over 2 pounds lighter, better ergonomics, no more tethered into a harness, more user friendly, real wireless Bluetooth phones, is the best option for most.
      Like I said in another post.  There should be a convoy of GPZ users heading down the highway to get the new GPX-6000 and having more fun, more gold more often.  I can help make that smile happen.
      Anyone have a point I am missing or totally off, please chime in.
      Pic of the nugget will probably only be a few inches in depth difference between the 6 and 7.  But the majority of us would probably hear if with both machines at 30 or more.

• By geof_junk
      I refer to the majority. Most of mine were quite ,distinct from ground or loud junk signal. Does that mean if I was going slow I would be better to sped up a bit. I know beginner go too fast but speeding up a bit would be more productive for those that have gain experience, I know what works for me or am I wrong. Let hear your view.
    • By MissRockhound
      I need help identifying this rock please. I found this around Louisiana a few weeks back. To me it looks like raw Platinum or an ore maybe. I’m not really good at this yet haha. It’s not magnetic at all, it’s weight is 3.7 grams, and it’s streak is too hard to get, as it only scratches the plate. So possibly even a meteorite? Idk  heh. Thanks you!!

• By MissRockhound
      Please help me identify this if possible😸. 
      I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

• By 1515Art
      If this has been posted here already I missed it, sorry.
      But, wow...