Ace! Proof that the older models can still hold their own.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Lunk said:

Ace! Proof that the older models can still hold their own.

They definitely can, but I find nothing compared to what some are pulling out. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that PhaseTech, even though I have a 7000, I still like to being out the 5000 sometimes. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      ....... is that they lack any Geosense!  Sorry, could not resist, just having too much fun with this.

• By 1515Art
      If this has been posted here already I missed it, sorry.
      But, wow... 

• By mn90403
      Get a GPX 6000 to use on your old patches before someone else does!  You will be glad you did.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I was on the team, as were Nenad and JP. Any others here? In any case, if you have specific questions about the GPX 6000, ask away, and get straight answers. If it violates our NDA expect to be told so. In general, Minelab simply does not want how they make the sausage advertised to one and all. So don’t ask about how the sausage got made, or why it tastes like it does. That part is done, and we can’t talk about it anyway. Is the machine perfect? No. But I’ll tell you what, it’s a sweetie for sure. I smell a detector classic, simple, to the point, powerful, gets the job done. That being the case, everyone who took part in it is pretty proud of the final effort. My part was modest, I’m sure, but I for one will be bragging about it for as long as I’m around. Congratulations to Minelab and the entire team. My special thanks to Eng and Simon. 👍🏼
      So any questions about the best little detector ever (just go with it)?  Yes, I do think that if a person can afford it, then this machine is the machine to have right now for the U.S. If you are like me, you can ditch everything else, use the GPX 6000 exclusively, and be a nugget slayer. Add a Gold Monster or Equinox 800 with discrimination for nugget detecting perfection.

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      Minelab GPX 6000 Owner’s Manual
    • By Steve Herschbach
      More on coils. The tops are just to shed debris and attach to detector.
      GPX11 mono, exactly 11" diameter, 562 grams coil and cable only (no scuff cover or coil bolt)

Minelab GPX11 mono coil underside
      GPX14 DD, exactly 14" diameter, 892 grams coil and cable only

Minelab GPX14 coil underside
      GPX17 mono, exactly 17" x 13", 802 grams coil and cable only

Minelab GPX17 coil underside
      GPX 6000 lower rod
      21.5" long, 17.7 mm (0.70 in) diameter tube, 1 mm wall thickness, end 0.90 in width, round washer part# 4005-0117

I've suggested to steveg that a 24" rod would be a nice option. Have to take care of the tall people! 
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts
      Minelab GPX 6000 Owner’s Manual