Great finds! It's amazing what turns up when some sand is removed. I'd go right back over that same area again, now that a lot of targets have been removed.

• Like 1

What a great collection of really good finds. I'm wondering what they were doing, since you said that cut was machine made. I guess there are tracks from it? If you find out who//why that was done, please post back what you find out.

• Like 2

Now thats a good run.

• Like 1

Wow, that is some nice finds!

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

What a great spot you found. I would grid it at different angles and dig every questionable target too! Good luck the next time around! Nice score on the gold and you have a great assortment of machines to leave nothing behind.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By schoolofhardNox
      Well, this was my final beach hunt on this beach until after Labor Day. I needed 5 silvers to make it an even 200 from this beach this season. I made it out in the sun longer than I thought I would – from 8 AM until 3 PM. Got a farmer’s tan in one sitting.   😄101 coins including 4 silvers. I did not make 200 no matter how hard I tried. So 199 it is, and I am happy for that, considering the number of visits I missed due to Covid restrictions. I just could not squeak out that one more silver. It’s funny when you stay in the sun digging all day, strange things happen to you on the trip home. Like scratching your back and your hand cramps closed. So, you use you other hand to open it and then that hand cramps shut Dehydration, even with 64 ounces of hydration drinks, just doesn’t cut it. I’m fine now but getting old sucks!      😡First target of the day was the Walking Liberty Half. Then a lull and I knew it would be a long day. Managed 2 nicer condition (and dated) Buffalo nickels. Pictures were taken when it was getting dark, so the are a bit rough. Later I’ll post all the silvers for the season and total for the other seasons combined. One thing I can say about the GPX is that it can find the half dollars like no other machine I have used, including the Equinox. Best of luck to you guys that can continue hunting beaches. I will be rooting for you to get gold      👍

• By Erik Oostra
      Here's my collection so far..

• By Skullgolddiver
      Sadly, there was no choice today but to hunt a really infested area, littered with aluminum and tons of new sand brought by the Harbor's arm shape and the last prevailed wind too...
      I was in a so and so Mood, between the idea to leave at the first trouble and go back home before the 9.am empty handed cause of bathers already there😑.
      I realized with all that horrible hump, to go way farther and to straightly use the tank, at least to avoid the fuc....g murky water on the shore...30 minutes later, after only three holes....hereunder the conclusion...
      RAW footage, Sorry

• By schoolofhardNox
      I went out to what may be my last visit to my silver beach before opening day. It is a lot busier with preparations going on for Memorial Day, but If I am lucky, I may sneak in one more visit. I only need a couple more silvers to make 200. Lucky my wife went along as the heat was starting to get to me. It was nice to have someone be able to go back to the car and take some of the heavy targets and bring me back drinks. Hunted from around 8:30 to 3:30. I was toast after that. I started out again looking for low conductors and on my second hole I found the 10K Class ring. Hopefully, an easy return since the full name was engraved in the ring. Because of that I ended up digging a lot more iron than I wanted to. I was not planning on clearing areas of iron, but finding the ring made me change my plans. I did not get a lot of good targets this time around by clearing iron. Almost all of the silver found was not near any iron. Weather definitely played a part in how fast I dug targets. Full sun all day and hotter than they said it would be, probably around 70, with almost no breeze. So that beach still has good targets for me, but much harder to get in quantity. I guess I will be doing parks or cellar holes on my days off from now on. Time to put away the GPX and pull out the Equinox and learn some new tricks for the parks.

• By mn90403
      I got a chance to go out this morning and hit one of my favorite beaches.  It was not long before I got a large 13.2 g tungsten carbide ring.  That was a good sign.  As it turned out it was a lot of walking before I got another ring.  It was about an hour later.  By this time I had tried my normal beach patterns of zigzag and gridding.  Targets were few but I could see in the distance a bit of a slope to the beach.  I was hopeful of some sloping targets.
      They were also out of pattern.  It was then that I tried a new, more scientific pattern.  It is one that you haven't heard described here very often or at all and just as soon as I tried it I found my second ring of the day.  It is the heart ring that looks gold (#2 on the 800) but it is both too light and not marked.  Anyway I continued the new pattern and approach to the beach.  I got some quarters and then another ring (the little silver) and then the deep heart with .925 silver chain that says Italy.  I went back down the pattern and it kept producing the fishing lure and a couple of other things.  This is just the greatest way to detect a beach.

Let me share with you what I did.  
      While I was detecting someone came by on an electric bike.  They left tire tracks.  I used these tracks to tell me where the break in the sand was and that kept me on pattern.  I first went in one direction along the bike tire tracks and then came back in the other direction.  I was careful not to step on the tracks so that my markers would not be erased.  At first the tracks were pretty good at the same distance from the water but the rider decided to go up over the slopes.  That made me question this method but I kept going.  I diligently swung on one side of the tire tracks and then the other.  If I didn't get anything I would go back a full swing away from the other.  When you get a chance to follow some tracks make sure you save one 'pass' for going directly over the tire tracks with your swing.  That is where the good stuff is.  What can be a better pattern on a beach than this?  It is very scientific!  Never trust your detecting to random, unscientific patterns again.  Follow the bikes ... or tire tracks in the dry sand.  That works too.  😇
      Anyway ... here was the good stuff.