2 Trips, 2 Knives, 1 Gold

Great hunt and some very nice finds.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

King,

I would 'quote' you but it won't let me do that.  To answer your question, I've been through lots of scoops.  This one is from a guy in Van Nuys.  I've been using it for over 3 years and it looks like the day I bought it.  There is no give in the basket.  This scoop doesn't let me get into too much trouble with a larger amount of wet sand in the scoop.  I have a left shoulder strain that doesn't want to go away.  This doesn't aggravate too much.

I have a Lithuanian scoop (actually 2) that I can step on like a shovel but it requires a crane to lift it out of a hole.  If I was digging really deep targets like the last couple of days then I'd use it more often.  I have to admit there are some wet holes I don't get the target with my pull scoop.  But I can't think of my really deep holes as really good value targets either.   I'm sure others have different experience with good, deep targets.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Here is the scoop that never found wet sand that it can't handle.  If targets are deep this will go after them more easily than the pull scoop but for shallow targets it is too much.

IMG_20210326_165102_894.jpg

IMG_20210326_165057_372.jpg

IMG_20210326_165036_449.jpg

• Like 4

Nice looking band! You maybe able to get more for that one too. Anything religious seems to sell for a lot more then melt.

I got a scoop almost like that one, a friend made for me several years ago. It was one of the first he made.. Diablo scoops. See if I can find a picture..

11 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I got a scoop almost like that one, a friend made for me several years ago. It was one of the first he made.. Diablo scoops.

This one is a tank.  It was one of those Lithuanian scoops.  I bought two of them 8-9 years ago and I waited a couple of months and no scoop.  (It was from that Miami scoop company.)  I contacted the seller and the place where he dropped them off for shipping mixed up my address and they went to Virginia.  He got them to address it to me and they showed up by mail taped together with a little bit of plastic over them.  They were not damaged but they were listed as muffler parts on the import slip.  Both of them are really a piece of art.

Some sweet finds there Mitchel- congrats!!!

• Thanks 1