Target Separation In The Wild

A true test for any detector.    Yesterday, took the Tar to my favorite HS football stadium.   Gave the side lines and other areas around the field a good going over with a couple different machines last year.  As expected I was hunting down targets that I just flat out missed. The real test for the Standard coil came around the edges of the home grand stands.  It gets hunted, but I mean No Body even trys to clear out 30 years of aluminum , iron bolts etc, accumulated.    Got to admit this coil with it's spot on pinpointing surprised me on its ability to pry out coins between and sometimes in the same hole.    So the coins I managed out of this mess helped with the days hunt.      Ended up with 33 coins for $5.02.    No bling but 8 of those coins were nickels.  That were coming in on a solid 06.      Not too bad for batting clean up.

To be fair I've hunted 3 sites this year by the Tar and another favorite machine, and couldn't break a buck.   It just wasn't there.   I blame it on the competition and lack of use due to the Covid.      I guy got to have a excuse, can't he.

• Like 7

It’s uncanny how well that big BEAST coil separates in high trash isn’t it? Especially with multiple targets under the coil at the same time! I can’t imagine how more DEADLY a small coil would be.....

Aaron

• Like 2

Aaron  

I made a statement about having a smaller coil before and it being about 10X5 . It’s so needed for the inland dirt diggers like me and this is not saying that big coils don’t have their place to.

I have the best of both worlds in the coast as one would say just down the road and history all around me .

Because the Tarsacci don’t have a small coil is the reason I haven’t jumped in to buy it yet. 
 I have other detectors that do have small coils but I don’t like having to carry around two and leaving one in the car are truck for someone to steal. On a Texas sunny day at over a 100 could be too much for a detector left in a vehicle.

That’s just my way of thinking and my money.

Chuck 

• 1 month later...

Ridge Runner being an inland hunter specifically what is your opinion on the coils.  Small coil for old home sites or would the larger one be just about as good.  From the videos I have watched the large coil seems to separate pretty well 

Jim  

Like Aaron said the beast coil has great separation and as it’s name it’s been given it is a great coil.

I haven’t been out much detecting in the field but testing in house so I can run the Tarsacci without even have to think about it .

I’ve found detecting in DISC it has a narrow window of detection but running in the MIx mode the window is wider on detection and louder coming from the speaker.

I’ve been at this for a little over 55 years now and all that time I used 6” coil. I’m hopping in the not to distant future Tarsacci will come out with a small coil.

I’m planning on hitting the beach next week and I believe for me is where the Tarsacci will shine .

You will find Aaron is there for you on every form of show as in videos and tell you here if you got a question.

Being I’m more as you say a inland hunter I’d love to have a small coil but with the Beast coil is not slowing me down.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1