Gold From Neutron Star Collisions

Remarkable, after reading this got out the "Bible" of astronomy by Seeds and could not find a mention of this only the "orthodox" view heavy stuff was made as stars died. Reminds me as a young fellow was always told Alpha Centauri was the closest star to our solar system, we now "know" this is not so apparently. Thank you for sharing, I know when I dig up a nugget I think of the wonder of it lying there for millions of years, probably it was made billions of years ago.

I read about this a few years ago, interesting stuff. Article is not exactly accurate to say supernovas aren't enough to produce gold though, gold and other elements past iron are being synthesized in them as well almost certainly. Wether our gold came from supernovas or neutron star collisions or some combo, both are remarkable and just mind blowing to consider!

An interesting side note regarding heavy element nucleosythnesis is that we have observed it occuring on Earth. Actually we were responsible for it! Thermonuclear (fusion or h-bombs) weapons synthesize small amounts of heavier elements on detonation which we can observe. Similar to the process inside a supernova except much (much much much) smaller scale. I think they create some of these fancy new elements at the end of the periodic table in particle accelerators too.

Interesting stuff.

What you are referring to Jasong is called "transmutation'.

I have been studying it for some time, they have made gold from mercury in a nuclear reactor.

Quote Wikipedia : 

Gold synthesis in a nuclear reactor[edit]

Gold was synthesized from mercury by neutron bombardment in 1941, but the isotopes of gold produced were allradioactive.[12] In 1924, a Japanese physicist, Hantaro Nagaoka, accomplished the same feat.[13]

Gold can currently be manufactured in a nuclear reactor by irradiation either of platinum or mercury.

Only the mercury isotope 196Hg, which occurs with a frequency of 0.15% in natural mercury, can be converted to gold byslow neutron capture, and following electron capture, decay into gold's only stable isotope, 197Au.:

I believe this and other reactions are happening right now under our feet and that non nuclear processes happen also in the presence of other elements like copper with say Iron-minerals as a catalyst and at a low temperature like 2000-3000degc (low compared to the sun or nuclear reactors) and something to help along the frequency shift required to trans-mutate it to the higher order element.

They are after all made of the same particle's!  

• Like 1

Yeah, Dale thanks for those links. One watches over the years how the accepted "theories" are always being challenged. The more "answers man" finds the more questions asked. Only definite is the nugget we dig up and then question how it got where it tis sometimes.

Very stimulating our information highway is while in the cabin, but won`t be for long, looks like our wet is a claytons wet.

Hi Vic

Transmutation is very interesting to me and I have a full assay laboratory and have run a few experiments of my own and transmuted copper into silver and gold using special catalysts that I prepare myself.

It is however not economical to do so for profit but very interesting and maybe I'll be able to make it economic over time with some tweaking.

I believe this type of reaction is why we always find Iron, gold, silver, copper and other minerals together in the same deposits as they are all made from each-other and that Iron being ferromagnetic has something to do with why its the catalyst.

I also Built a very large precision magnifying lens set that captures 4msq of sun and concentrates it down to a 2mm lazer lens and this is concentrated into a carbon crucible inside a special camber that I fill with inert gas.

Had some very interesting results zapping different elements in it but its an EXTREMELY dangerous piece of kit.

It is that powerful that when I turn it on it makes a cracking noise like a whip because it burns the air!

I can only turn it on for 1 second even then it vaporizes the element and burns straight through the crucible, and would burn straight through the chamber if I didn't have it set up to capture the beam and diffuse it like I do.  

Science is FUN!!!