$1,000,000 Token Found?

If I were you, I'd cash in on thatย  ๐Ÿ˜„ Ask for silver, gold and military relics ๐Ÿ˜‰ Never seen one like that before. Looks rather new from the patina. maybe a game piece?

• Like 3

Wow. That needs to be put on a chain, not in a pocket, you'll lose it. ๐Ÿ˜€ What size is the token? You can get coin holders for just about any size and put 'em on a snake chain. They're called coin bezels.

https://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Dollar-Bezel-Screw/dp/B0018AWKZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=coin+bezel&qid=1616932876&sr=8-10

• Thanks 1

Here's one that sold on Ebay for $44.ย  (I would have taken the Merc instead.ย  Shows what I know.)ย  Other sites say possibly from the 1930's.ย  One thing I've noticed about dating things on the internet (especially on Ebay) -- someone gives a date of origin without evidence and others glom onto it like it's fact.ย  Tokens seem to get resurrected, too.ย  I have some that I think are from the 1940's and others (same depiction) that are probably '80s or '90s.

This is probably brass.ย  If you have Wheaties you've found in that same location, compare the patina.ย  If they typically are this nice after recovery, that's evidence this has been in the ground a similar amount of time (> 40 years).ย  Most of my Wheaties come with a green scale so I expect my old brass tokens to have a similar property.ย  (Your low humidity out West seems to be nicer to copper alloy coins than our damp Eastern USA.)

Unusual find, IMO, and a good chance it's Great Depression Era.

BTW, the Eureka Club in greater Denver has a token category in their monthly meetings.ย  A veteran there may be a good source of info as to whether or not anyone has ever entered one of these.ย  (A "no" is another good sign it's quite old.ย  A "lots of them" just the opposite.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

If I were you, I'd cash in on thatย  ๐Ÿ˜„ Ask for silver, gold and military relics ๐Ÿ˜‰ Never seen one like that before. Looks rather new from the patina. maybe a game piece?

It was found about 10 inches in the ground and came out crusty. I used the Andre pencils to clean the crud off. Still trying to figure out if it was some type of giveaway or what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Here's one that sold on Ebay for $44.ย  (I would have taken the Merc instead.ย  Shows what I know.)ย  Other sites say possibly from the 1930's.ย  One thing I've noticed about dating things on the internet (especially on Ebay) -- someone gives a date of origin without evidence and others glom onto it like it's fact.ย  Tokens seem to get resurrected, too.ย  I have some that I think are from the 1940's and others (same depiction) that are probably '80s or '90s.

This is probably brass.ย  If you have Wheaties you've found in that same location, compare the patina.ย  If they typically are this nice after recovery, that's evidence this has been in the ground a similar amount of time (> 40 years).ย  Most of my Wheaties come with a green scale so I expect my old brass tokens to have a similar property.ย  (Your low humidity out West seems to be nicer to copper alloy coins than our damp Eastern USA.)

BTW, the Eureka Club in greater Denver has a token category in their monthly meetings.ย  A veteran there may be a good source of info as to whether or not anyone has ever entered one of these.ย  (A "no" is another good sign it's quite old.ย  A "lots of them" just the opposite.)

Thanks for the links and information. I think your right about the Great Depression Era time period.

• Like 1

Also think 1,000,000. There was a stretch of time when 1,000,000 was a big number and if you achieved it, you could retire. So they capitalized on that thought. Today, a million does not hold the same wow factor as it once did. So that token could be from the depression days up to the 60's or so. Just a guess using the number provided.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

ย 

8 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

Thanks for the links and information. I think your right about the Great Depression Era time period.

Here's another that has a different reverse, it doesn't say it gives a $1,000,000 worth of luck but "take meย forย luck", Iย think this one maybe an original one from the depression era as it does look to be older to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930S-Great-Depression-Aint-Hell-To-Be-Poor-Good-Luck-Token/384031502150?_trkparms=aid%3D1110018%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPLISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818142838%26meid%3D8b1b76c454ec43ca83e9a84672b44ded%26pid%3D101197%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D303791383481%26itm%3D384031502150%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DItemStripV101HighAdFee&_trksid=p2047675.c101197.m1850

• Like 1