I really enjoy the orx and all it's attributes. for me it is a no nonsense detector with excellent recovery speed and separation, a very clean and clear audio, selectable frequency and wireless everything. add to cart an update that would provide 4 tones and iron volume. oh yes it has great ergonomics too. thank you XP.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, village. Negative comments on the Orx are about as common as hens teeth. 

• Like 1

They could improve the charger clip.

• Like 1

ORX is an outstanding gold prospecting detector........I like it better for that than the Deus.

ORX for any other kind of detecting.......I prefer the Deus.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By relicmeister
      I’d have to say the Orx has been a successful venture for XP. But what comes next?  Their R&D must be working on a next generation detector, so what direction do you think they will go? An incremental change in existing technology or a whole new direction?  I haven’t a clue but I’m interested in what others think might be coming in the future, although right now I’m sure their focus is on getting their stock replenished after COVID 
    • By abenson
      Maybe this should be in the Detector Prospector section but wanted to keep the XP section alive.
      I was in Las Vegas last weekend and decided to swing over to the Gold Basin area and do a little metal detecting. There were 3 of us and we didn't find much. But we did manage to find some gold and meteorites. The ORX is turning out to be a pretty good machine. Not as deep on the really small stuff, like a Gold Monster would pick up but it's not far behind.

• By lauchon03
      Te dejo algunas imágenes del fin de semana de detección en la cordillera de los Andes, salieron unas pepitas de oro
      ”I leave you some images of the weekend of detection in the Andes mountain range, some gold nuggets came out”

• By relicmeister
      Activity rather slow here so thought I’d ask about options and suggestions on detecting for jewelry with the Orx. May have asked about settings in jewelry hunting topic also. 
           I hunt woods mostly but want to start going places that have better chances of finding jewelry. 

• By relicmeister
      im planning to actively hunt for jewelry over the next year. I have an equinox 600 and XP Orx. The Orx has 9” X35 and 9” hf coils. I wondering if anyone can  recommend settings / programs for jewelry hunting?  
      thanks 
    • By Zinc Penny
      So I'm debating trading my v3i towards a Equinox 800, or a Xp ORX, I am torn about it  because the v3i is a good machine just challenging to get setup Everytime I go to a new site, I occasionally hunt beaches so that's why I was considering the equinox to have a machine that could cover all my hunting grounds in one. And a orx because it intrigues me. I would like to hear your argument for and against the trades and tear into it. 

In the end I'll make a decision I just want to hear what you guys think!