New Guy From Calgary Canada

sapper091

Greetings fellow metal detectors...

Introducing myself to you all from Calgary Alberta, Canada.

Looking forward to getting advice, trick and points from you all.

Machine I'm currently using: Minelab Equinox 800 (still learning this machine)

Cheers!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sapper091 said:

Minelab Equinox 800 (still learning this machine)

Welcome to the forum and plenty of people will be able to help you with the 800.

I also have an 800 from my late grandfather and am still learning how to use it. I am just getting used to the factory settings that have found me many very nice items and this year plan to use it even more.

It will take time to learn the unit but it is well worth the time.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Welcome aboard Sapper !

The Equinox is a lot of detector in one unit , start out with the great presets and learn to adjust it as you follow along here.  

What types of things do you want to look for and where are you hoping to look ? That will give us something to narrow in on .     Ask any specific questions too.  And join in on anything you would like to comment on.

There is a LOT of accumulated knowledge here  (you already hit the jackpot when you signed up)!   While you wait for more responses  there are lots of good info here already.

Steve's Guides is a good place to start. When you finish there you'll already know a ton of the basics and some not not so basic too.

There is also a sub forum to the Minelab forum all about Equinox.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/53-minelab-equinox-forum/

I've only been here since last fall and I'm still catching up with all of the previous postings on all the forums .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sapper091 said:

Machine I'm currently using: Minelab Equinox 800 (still learning this machine)

Welcome, sapper091!  I've had my Eqx 800 for 3 years (just going off warranty) and use it 95% of the time I go detecting.  And I'm still learning it!  It works well in default modes; adjusting the settings is icing on the cake.  At the same time, don't expect it to be some magic device, based upon its reputation.  (Nor should you expect to find targets at the depths you will see reported.)

Here's a compendium of key information for the ML Equinox that site admin Steve H. has compiled.  I hope you enjoy learning (I do).  But it's fun right out of the box, so enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Welcome sapper,

Good to have you on board! Lots to learn! Make room for some Yanks up there, if things continue here on there current path!🤣

Good luck!👍👍

• Like 3

Nice to have you on DP Sapper, Hope all of us can help with all your questions. Looking forward to your input here. Thanks for joining.

• Like 2

Welcome! We look forward to your exploits and photos. 

• Like 2