Search Coils For Minelab Equinox 800

Welcome to this forum Sapper091!!!.

Minelab has three coils for the Equinox. Coiltek has also released three coils for the Equinox that were produced with Minelab's permission. No other currently existing coils will work with the Equinox. I seriously doubt that Minelab would sanction any other third party coils and would sue the heck out of anyone that tried to release one.

• Like 4

There have been a couple outfits try and bypass Minelabs chip protection, but my advice is don’t go there. You currently have six coils to choose one, as Jeff has explained. Three from Minelab, three from Coiltek. That’s it for now.

minelab-equinox-dd-coils-15-11-6.jpg
Coils by Minelab

coiltek-search-coil-minelab-equinox.jpg
Coils by Coiltek

• Like 1

Does anyone actually have the Coiltek coils in stock? Seems everywhere I check it's pre-order only and you have to get on a list.

11 hours ago, cudamark said:

Does anyone actually have the Coiltek coils in stock? Seems everywhere I check it's pre-order only and you have to get on a list.

The reason is simply that Coiltek is in the process of ramping up production as you can imagine and is rationing them out to dealers to the tune of about 3 at a time of each type to each dealer per delivery cycle (I have no idea what the delivery cycle frequency is).  As you can imagine, more popular dealers have long waiting lists that are only slowly getting whittled down.  You might get lucky cold calling dealers to see if you get hold of one with a short or non-existent waiting list.

• Like 2

This is where having a relationship with a good dealer pays off.

Weird. I pounded the table for this 5x10 coil from day one, but I guess when I gave up a year ago, after waiting over two years, I really just gave up. I might end up with one someday, but after three years, I find I don’t care that much any more.

In sales it’s important for manufacturers to be there when the customers wants them. Timing. For coils, Minelab, and I, timing has been a miss more often than not as of late. I sold my GPZ 7000 due to lack of coils, and these coils I did without long enough that I can probably continue to do so. If there is one area Minelab is really irritating it’s best customers, it’s coils.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There have been a couple outfits try and bypass Minelabs chip protection, but my advice is don’t go there. You currently have six coils to choose one, as Jeff has explained. Three from Minelab, three from Coiltek. That’s it for now.

minelab-equinox-dd-coils-15-11-6.jpg

D6579057-7861-4893-A02A-6A522B323A28.jpeg

Any links to these companies trying to bypass the chip?

13 minutes ago, bklein said:

Any links to these companies trying to bypass the chip?

I think it was the Russians, cutting chips out of coils to make adapters. So you sacrifice a coil to get a coil. There was discussion in this forum, but it got lost when I deleted the member that started the thread. I’m sure somebody still has links to them.

• Like 1

Yes .. They are Russians ... who make these modifications to the coils on Equinox .., I give a link to this page ... it's an interesting option in case .. if you need a coil of a certain size ..  http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_44_93.

....On the other hand, there is Coiltek who started producing 3 new different large coils  for Equinox ...- you are buying a new coil  ... without additional costs.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This is where having a relationship with a good dealer pays off.

You got that right, Steve.  Thanks to Keith at Ft. Bedford Detectors.

Testing the 10x5 out this week.  So far I love this thing...

Since I now have a decent multipurpose compact coil and not a ridiculous hockey puck on my collapsible Equinox backpack rig, I see a 6 inch round coil ending up on the classifieds very soon.

20210330_150854.jpg

20210330_150807.jpg

• Like 7