Girl Scout Time Capsule Still Out There?

We got permission to hunt a park that use to be a  Girl Scout camp from the 1920's to the 1990's when it  closed down.The head caretaker     of the park is a great guy and  gave us the green light   to    detect there.We gave him a few  scout relics which he would put   in the park museum and he was very grateful for are   finds.He told us that one capsule was found but a old farmer said a other one was still missing and gave us the area it could be in.It is probably   from the 30's or 40's.I think  the one is in a museum around here and we hope to see what it is made of.Have any of you heard of other Scout capsules and what could be in them ?I hope they are   detectable.If not we could still stumble on to some silver coins or rings for a consolation prize.  If found we will give the capsule  to the caretaker to be put in a  museum.

• Like 6

That sounds like a fun hunt and I love that the Girl Scout relics were given back for the museum.  My kind of hunt!!  Thanks for sharing DWD!

• Like 3

My sister was a Girl Scout and they placed a time capsule in the ground. She gave a scarf with a bolo into it. So you may have enough metal inside one to find it.

Good luck on finding it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We went looking for it for a while on Sat.  but we did not find it.We need to talk to the man in charge of the park to narrow down where it could be.My buddy found 8 silver coins in a different section of the park on a damp hill side.My other buddy found a 1982 pigeon band from  Buffalo.This place has been hit hard but it is a big place.

• Like 1

Nice of you to do that. Cool to have an objective, I hope they didn't plant a tree over it 😀