Identification Help

Anyone?

VideoCapture_20210309-214626.jpg

VideoCapture_20210308-174641.jpg

VideoCapture_20210308-174735.jpg

VideoCapture_20210308-174838.jpg

Just a tad overwhelming!!!!!  Good Luck with your request.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Yikes, most of that stone looks like the gravel in my driveway. Maybe you could revise it a bit with only the most interesting specimens?

You should also post in meet and greet to tell us a bit about yourself first. 🙂 That is general forum protocol.

• Like 1

It’s just a pile of rocks. Might be something interesting there, but seriously, you need to join the local rock club, and haul the box in for people to look over. Here we might help you with a rock or two, but not in wholesale quantities.

Please limit yourself to a few photos per post. I deleted around 20 extras between the last two posts. You are basically spamming the forum with excessive photos, so please pick the two or three that best get the job done, and leave the rest behind. Thanks.

• Like 3

Not being a geologist, best I can id is it was once a stone wall....

Any particular stones you want to id post a close up of it.

• Like 1

Those mostly appear to be typical desert southwestern USA igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic weathered rocks. Some of the igneous rocks are extrusive like basalt and porphyry, etc. There might be some quartzite, agate and petrified wood but it is hard to tell from your photos. A little online study or a good book about southwestern US rocks and minerals might help you. I do not see anything that I would collect as a keeper but that is just me. I have been collecting minerals/crystals for almost 60 years. I try to leave the common rocks types in the field.

• Like 4