New Member In N. Alabama

BenR

Bought myself a Minelab Equinox 800 this morning. I can't wait to get it. I have taken about a six year break from detecting with a White's MXT. I'm looking forward to getting back into this in a big way. Retirement fits me!!!

• Like 8

Welcome, Ben!  Retirement seems to be a boon to us (retired) detectorists, and maybe to some extent to the detector manufacturers.

I hope you enjoy both your new detector and your new status!

• Like 1

Welcome, Ben. 

I retired, bought an Equinox as an upgrade to my Ace 400, and have dug hundreds of interesting artifacts and coins in a very short time. We look forward to your exploits and photos!

I hope you live in or near history like I do, it's much easier on a retiree. My health has much improved due to this hobby. There is a lot less lead in the farms around my house 😀

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have new people here with some experience to help the newbies such as myself. The 800 has a learning curve but will so you good on so many levels. I have found that where the old churches are/were are some of the best areas to hunt with my 800, and have found some really nice items.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Hello Ben,

Glad your here! I actually bought an MXT last year! And also have the 800, and a few others! Give us an idea of what you hunt!

Tons of information and user's of the Equinox here! Your in good company! Good luck! And welcome!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome Ben, Nice to see old habits don't retire.  Glad your back in action and I'm sure you'll have some great things to share with us.