GPX 6000 Introduction For Beginners Video

OMG what a wank ! In the official Minelab video old mate in Africa is not even carrying a pick. I guess the nuggets must just jump out of the ground !

Never in my 20 years in the game have I seen Minelab trying so hard to sell a new model !

No discrimination, no ability to change the threshold tone ?
If the ground is bad, their answer is to change to a DD coil ! Like I will be carrying that around in the boondocks in my backpack ! Limited choice of Minelab only coils.

This latest offering is not impressing me much, certainly not enough to go and drop $8K AUD ( plus whatever the 17 inch coil costs) !

2 hours ago, Randy Lunn said:

Mine lab should give us some performance data on nuggets in different soils. This marketing stuff is getting to be an embarrassment to MineLab. Have you signed up again this week to win a tee shirt?

Nobody believes them anyway, just like nobody believes official testers. Just wait for them to get into end users hands, add a month for time to get valid comparative info, and you are good to go.... or not.

You guys all think it's Minelab being just so horrible. Anyone follow the Fisher Impulse AQ saga? I think half the time people think Minelab is so bad simply from not having dealt with the other people enough. No matter how much this seems like a clown show, Fisher wins the crown on this one. That was the craziest metal detector thing I've been involved in yet, and I've been involved with a few.

This video was not much, but I do think it was Debbie on her own. The official videos have now been posted, and are far more professional.

• Like 5

The quickest way to go out of business is to try to please everyone all the time  - as it's an impossibility.

If the GPX6000 doesn't tickle your fancy because you are happy with what you currently operate - no big deal - keep on using what you have  but I'm sure deep down you will be wondering (and that itch will get bigger over time if current early performance reports are verified) - am i missing gold because i am using 6+ year old technology?

• Like 3

$6000 worth of gold, spread out over the next 6 years, is just over a half-ounce of gold per year missed by the previous technology (at today’s spot price). That's doable .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I duuuuuunno about that one Lunk. :smile:

108 grams of gold to pay the 6000 off in nuggets the GPZ misses? What are we talking, mostly dinkster 0.10 grams or under then? That's 1080 nuggets. Most prospectors I've met haven't found that many nuggets of all sizes combined in their whole lives. I only find maybe 150-300 (of all weights total) a year myself and I'm usually at the upper end or top of the scale compared to anyone I meet and talk with who isn't working heavy equipment.

Realistically, there are only a small handful of people with exclusive access/location knowledge who will be making the 6000 pay for itself specifically in finds the GPZ missed. In the USA anyways. Unless the 6000 does some serious magic in the salt and other bad ground, which is the thing we still have zero quantitative information on, frustratingly.

• Like 4

I don't have the investment in a Z , SDC or 5000 - I'm sure if i did i would be hanging back to see how the 6000 goes in the real world - so i am jumping right in early (like i did with the equinox with no regrets) and there's a chance i will be able to pick up my pre ordered 6000 end of next week. I'm looking forward to a cordless, lightweight, simplified gold detecting world.

I will keep the 4500 as a backup for when i go to the Aust. goldfields but that may go too when the lightweight son of Z is released in a few years.🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jasong said:

108 grams of gold to pay the 6000 off in nuggets the GPZ misses? What are we talking, mostly dinkster 0.10 grams or under then? That's 1080 nuggets. Most prospectors I've met haven't found that many nuggets of all sizes combined in their whole lives. I only find maybe 150-300 (of all weights total) a year myself and I'm usually at the upper end or top of the scale compared to anyone I meet and talk with who isn't working heavy equipment.

Realistically, there are only a small handful of people with exclusive access/location knowledge who will be making the 6000 pay for itself specifically in finds the GPZ missed. In the USA anyways. Unless the 6000 does some serious magic in the salt and other bad ground, which is the thing we still have zero quantitative information on, frustratingly.

Several patches close to town here that I got over 1000 nuggets off.  Got 1200 off one patch when the sdc first came out.  Paid its self off in two weeks on a patch the 5000 couldn’t get anymore.

Trick is to get to em all first ! 🤔  I haven’t detected in 2 months to make sure I’m fresh for a month long assault!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jasong said:

That's certainly a realistic appraisal, Jason. But I like an unrealistic challenge...🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1