Ripper 5x8 Coil For Apex

I figured I needed a smaller coil for the Apex, so ordered and it just showed up. Ground is thawing so should be able to use very soon. I like this detector and this coil makes it a real featherweight. 2 lbs 7.7 oz or 2.48 lbs with scuff cover. I like small coils and this is a sweetie, well made, and nice to buy a coil and a cover for reasonable price for once, $119 plus $10 for scuff cover. Garrett part# 2223800

ripper-coil-for-garrett-ace-apex.jpg
Garrett 5" x 8" Ripper coil for Ace Apex

garrett-ace-apex-with-ripper-5-x-8-coil.jpg
Ace Apex with Ripper coil

apex-coils.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I figured I needed a smaller coil for the Apex, so ordered and it just showed up. Ground is thawing so should be able to use very soon. I like this detector and this coil makes it a real featherweight. 2 lbs 7.7 oz or 2.48 lbs with scuff cover. I like small coils and this is a sweetie, well made, and nice to buy a coil and a cover for reasonable price for once, $119 plus $10 for scuff cover. Garrett part# 2223800

Garrett 5" x 8" Ripper coil for Ace Apex

Ace Apex with Ripper coil

Looking forward for your tests in the field . I found it excellent in high iron trashed areas , and very sensible to tiny targets . ..   Yes it looks like a very nice coil ... 

Be nice to see how it does. One my buddies still swinging his worn out Ace and may snag one. Another buddy has the AT Max and looking for something lighter and simpler and something that handles the salt better.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I also favor smaller-size coils on most detectors, and I am sure you're going to enjoy the 'Ripper' 5X8 DD coil.  I keep that attached to my most-used Apex for all my day-to-day detecting.  The only detector I have that keeps a standard / larger-size coil mounted in Apex #2 that sports the 8½X11 DD 'Raider' coil or working plowed fields, wide-open grassy sites, or perhaps a beach.  For the very dense debris or vegetation challenges where I want an even smaller-size coil, my 3rd Apex keeps the NEL 5" DD 'Sharp' coil at-the-ready.  I would be glad to replace that with a round 4½" Concentric coil .... if Garrett would only make one for the Apex.

The 'Ripper' DD is always a first-grab set-up when I arrive anywhere as it is light-weight, comfortable to use, and very efficient in performance.  It looks like I have my selected house in the processing stage so today I plan to put my Apex & 'Ripper' to work. 

Oh, and I'm glad to hear you are thawing out.  We hit 81° yesterday, headed to 85° today, and at 5:20 AM we were cooled down to 61°.  Definitely no snow here making it a pleasant-weather hunt day.

Monte

• Like 4