An Interesting Find

I hope this is appropriate to share, but I thought it is something you don’t see everyday. I found it at my local park, a few inches down. I cleaned it up very nice, and I’m sure it is still strong enough to use. It says made in England. I was wondering if any had an idea on an age. Any guesses welcome!

EC2A8C24-9807-4485-8093-75C36B0A949A.jpeg

• Like 7

I remember seeing about the same thing back in the 60’s but if you looked in a novelty shop you may still find them.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I’ve found token coin that had heads on one side and tails on the other. I never seen that girls head on they said was heads . She was well endowed.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy bottle opener.It would never sale that’s why you don’t see any. 
Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jim,

Is it bronze? Nice looking piece! I did a quick search and found a few others, but yours may be older, and is more "refined", like an Art Nouveau style figure! But yours has no pitting or corrosion that I can see! So maybe a more modern reproduction, or fairly recent drop! Or if old, your soil is very kind to your finds in that area! Crown style caps started around 1892! So it has to be newer than that!👍👍

• Like 2

Nice find. Add that in your collection.

Bottle opener like that probably isn't that old. Think Chuck is right on the age. Cool find though and at least it cleaned up nice and you can put it to use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy bottle opener.It would never sale that’s why you don’t see any. 

Chuck they have made them before, the center part of it is a corkscrew where the legs meet.

• Haha 2

My guess is 70's/ 80's