Anyone Using The 8" Coil On The AQ

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

flip the lever

I saw that too. Is that an indication the shaft lock on a new one is a lever clamp type going forward and not the twist ones? To me, that would be good news.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tvr said:

I saw that too. Is that an indication the shaft lock on a new one is a lever clamp type going forward and not the twist ones? To me, that would be good news.

Yes this is the new clamp system.

The ears system on the 12.5'' search coil is for me perfect, but it's an injection mold.

The search coil 8'' was made with the vacuum forming method for reduce the costs, so it's not possible to apply the 12.5'' ear system.

You can note that the ears have been partly hidden in the thickness of the search coil, this improves the water flow around the search coil, also this increases the stability in the water compared to the conventional search coils of competitors.

5.thumb.png.c75d4dfc16c5c25e17461bc655f5770c.png

• Like 4

Thanks guys for the info.  Seems we keep making some great improvements.   Those twist locks are old school and a pain in the butt if you use them very long in the water.  Joe .... you need to compare the two coils depth for us on some gold buddy..... as well as sensitivity to the smaller stuff.   I assume the smaller coil can run a bit lower uS out there?  I’m also curious to see a comparison of your limited and the production model.

• Like 2

I would like to know approximately how much of a lower delay I could run the 8" in salt water. I know there are many variables with water temperature and amount of salinity in a given body of water but just a rough approximation. I can run about a 10-10.5 in calm water now with the 12.5" but with bigger swells its hard to do.