Somebody Out There's Going To Be Happy Today :-)

6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I still love mine, a good time to pick up another. 27 gold with the machine I got from Rick last year covered the price of both. Got to Love this Hobby, and the " Fisher Impulse AQ" ......... Come on Summer.

Second picture is the battery I made for the New AQ, has a audio cut off. And a Excalibur battery...I was expecting 60 hours from it but looks closer to 100+ hours .. same batteries on the AQ last 5.5 hours. 

168448614_3003731196517436_8640312710139316708_n.jpg

Please Joe...Tell me more about the Excal Dynamite battery...😉

8 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I still love mine, a good time to pick up another. 27 gold with the machine I got from Rick last year covered the price of both. Got to Love this Hobby, and the " Fisher Impulse AQ" ......... Come on Summer.

Second picture is the battery I made for the New AQ, has a audio cut off. And a Excalibur battery...I was expecting 60 hours from it but looks closer to 100+ hours .. same batteries on the AQ last 5.5 hours. 

169486293_754429221875790_115191064601903975_n.jpg

168448614_3003731196517436_8640312710139316708_n.jpg

Joe - frankly you are an outlier as you are skilled enough, in the water enough and determined enough to be able to find 27 gold with any machine probably including a pinpointer duct taped to a stick.  IOW, your skill and experience transcend whatever machine you happen to be swinging such that it is hard for the "Average" Joe to realistically ascertain whether the machine Beechnut Joe is swinging is making all that much of a difference in the final results.  For you it may be simply that you are enjoying the novelty and challenge of using and modding a new machine to get it done rather than what that machine actually brings to the table.  You may be giving the machine more credit than it deserves as the more realistic take is that you found that it doesn’t hinder your innate ability to recover gold at you're favorite Chesapeake Bay honey holes any worse than any other machine.  Out of context, 27 gold sounds incredible but how does it actually compare performance-wise to the other rigs in your arsenal in an apples to apples manner? Just an observation.

Anyway, if you are keen on getting a third AQ Special Edition rig, have at it as I just turned down my FT solicitation for AQ purchase as I too was on Rick's list (but had asked him to line me out when it became obvious how super niche this particular machine is).  Might consider a gold/relic machine built around the same concept if that EVER comes to fruition, but I am not a serious enough beach/water hunter for the investment in the AQ special edition to be justified (and I can come up with some pretty imaginative justifications for detector purchases I don't really need, but that's because the value proposition, versatility, or technical novelty is compelling to me - none of that applies when it comes to AQ SE for my situation).

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Joe .... so what connector are you using for that NEW battery pack.... i see it has a screw on cap is why i ask?  That 100 hour pack is something Fisher could have or SHOULD have done all along.  Explain the audio shout off please.   Im also curious as to how many of those ring you think you might have gotten with the ring slaying Xcal?   I know how you are using them.... you know your sites... when and where to use them.   Everyone should be watching to see if that warranty is going to be transferable especially if you intend to use it in salt water. 

• Like 1

All detectors should have an audio shut off switch.  It can get noisy when the coil rests on the ground while I'm digging. Also, some pinpointers can cause so much noise in the detector that you can't hear the pinpointer. It would be nice to just switch the sound off for a moment.

• Like 3

Joe uses very strong "gold magnets" on his feet; given to him during an alien abduction incident! The detector is just for appearances! Joe! Your secret is out!! Josh Gates will be visiting you soon!! And the Oak Island boys wants to replace Gary with you!!🤣👍👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

That 100 hour pack is something Fisher could have or SHOULD have done all along.

Dew - to be clear he was getting 100 hours on the Excal 2 with that pack but only 5.5 hours on the Impulse (makes sense because we are talking VLF vs. PI).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Im also curious as to how many of those ring you think you might have gotten with the ring slaying Xcal?

That was also what I was saying/asking in my long winded way.  

Does Joe consider the AQ to be an overall water gold game changer or is it just the weapon of choice in specific circumstances vs. the Excal or even the Equinox?

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

That was also what I was saying/asking in my long winded way.  

Does Joe consider the AQ to be an overall water gold game changer or is it just the weapon of choice in specific circumstances vs. the Excal or even the Equinox?

Out of the 27 golds, 7 to 9 may have been found with my Excalibur. I use the AQ and Excal about 50/50 based on location. But when I go thru a spot there is nothing and I know there is gold. The AQ gets the call, and it produces. During the same time period of the 27 AQ gold the Excalibur got 15, but at different beaches...  I'm Blessed in the ability of choosing the right machine and putting myself in the right spot. The AQ has increased my chances of finding Gold ... worthy of purchasing another.

Here is the perfect example of a spot I've had guys tell me, don't bring me back here...reason, lack of targets and for that reason it was the first stop for my testing of the AQ.. Out of 4 hunts there last summer the AQ scored 2 gold rings and one gold medallion. After that I knew I was in Love..

(And my offer is still there if anyone wants to go with me this coming summer to this location)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1