Somebody Out There's Going To Be Happy Today :-)

4 hours ago, Carolina said:

And as Joe, I too enjoy two AQ’s in my stable. I am very satisfied with the results from both my machines. Just my (2) cents worth so to speak. I think the problem with the AQ May lie in several factors. Not everyone is cut out for PI detection. Some will learn to adapt, some won’t. Location is a key factor also. Not every detector is made for every place. The wrong detector in the wrong place can sour anyone to its liking especially if it’s new technology to them. I agree Fisher has had a rocky start to say the least but they have always treated me fairly. I also think that their quality control is lacking as every AQ comes with a test report. I’m not sure how so many issues have come to pass if the reports are correct. All and all though for me, I love my AQ’s and look forward to their use weekly. As always I wish everyone much success no matter what machine you swing and good luck everybody.

196ED11D-4A39-4E1D-B23F-0D686C51F490.jpeg

I Fully agree "Carolina"..

8 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Joe .... so what connector are you using for that NEW battery pack.... i see it has a screw on cap is why i ask?  That 100 hour pack is something Fisher could have or SHOULD have done all along.  Explain the audio shout off please.   Im also curious as to how many of those ring you think you might have gotten with the ring slaying Xcal?   I know how you are using them.... you know your sites... when and where to use them.   Everyone should be watching to see if that warranty is going to be transferable especially if you intend to use it in salt water. 

Audio is extremely loud on the AQ then add in my head phones (105 to 117db) So much nicer being able to edit when I swinging the scoop around or I am digging and there is some shallow targets near the coil. 

170077242_402714450854226_7470571684384237455_n.jpg

170326132_452237965887358_8503463691906902428_n.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Out of the 27 golds, 7 to 9 may have been found with my Excalibur. I use the AQ and Excal about 50/50 based on location. But when I go thru a spot there is nothing and I know there is gold. The AQ gets the call, and it produces. During the same time period of the 27 AQ gold the Excalibur got 15, but at different beaches...  I'm Blessed in the ability of choosing the right machine and putting myself in the right spot. The AQ has increased my chances of finding Gold ... worthy of purchasing another.

Here is the perfect example of a spot I've had guys tell me, don't bring me back here...reason, lack of targets and for that reason it was the first stop for my testing of the AQ.. Out of 4 hunts there last summer the AQ scored 2 gold rings and one gold medallion. After that I knew I was in Love..

(And my offer is still there if anyone wants to go with me this coming summer to this location)

Now that’s the detailed perspective that speaks volumes.  

35 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Audio is extremely loud on the AQ then add in my head phones (105 to 117db). 

Is the AQ loud by design, or loud because you have the volume set to be loud?

I have very sensitive hearing and can't stand loud audio. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

Is the AQ loud by design, or loud because you have the volume set to be loud?

I have very sensitive hearing and can't stand loud audio. 

When I set my AQ volume to 0 ...there is no sound. When increasing to 1 a target is heard. As you keep increasing the volume it increases as it should. The maximum is 9+. At this point it is very loud. I would say with a quiet ambient surrounding, 4 or 5 is pleasant to the ears. I'm a little deaf, (too much time at the trap range) so a 7 / preset is roughly what I use. Wind and crashing waves a little more.

The threshold also has its own separate volume.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

(And my offer is still there if anyone wants to go with me this coming summer to this location)

Packing my bags.......👍

AEAAE165-8F42-459D-B398-915297836D24.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh no Joes cashing in some of that pirated gold to go down under and plunder.   Hopefully travel restrictions will loosen up by then.  

Thomas.... i think part of the issue with repairs is the visibility.   Most testing goes on and changes are made with NDAs.   So by time these machines hit the street the companies hope they have MOST of the bugs worked out.  We have seen changes being made.... so hopefully the machine will be even better.  Im hoping water noise can be cut some.  I think having that coil connector in the front could be part of the issue.  You dont get nearly the vibration of the cable from water displacement when its on the side nearer the shaft.  I still would have liked to seen a 9 or 10" coil rather than the 8.

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Oh no Joes cashing in some of that pirated gold to go down under and plunder.   Hopefully travel restrictions will loosen up by then.  

Thomas.... i think part of the issue with repairs is the visibility.   Most testing goes on and changes are made with NDAs.   So by time these machines hit the street the companies hope they have MOST of the bugs worked out.  We have seen changes being made.... so hopefully the machine will be even better.  Im hoping water noise can be cut some.  I think having that coil connector in the front could be part of the issue.  You dont get nearly the vibration of the cable from water displacement when its on the side nearer the shaft.  I still would have liked to seen a 9 or 10" coil rather than the 8.

Hi Dew, I think it’s the other way around. I believe Tony is taking Joe up on his offer to take anyone interested in his spot.

Hopefully you will have lots of tourist this season to cash in on as people are tired of the lockdowns which are eased up a bit in Florida. You have a fine governor I think. Good luck to you......

Carolina

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 4:15 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

Please Joe...Tell me more about the Excal Dynamite battery...😉

I won't be making them for sales. Just me playing around. The Excalibur battery pictured ran for 4 days straight (106 hours) but it runs Hot, (4 18650 Samsung 3500mAh 16.8) which I am afraid might not be good on some days or machines. So Another one with 26650 batteries is planned but lower voltage. Steve sent me his extra EBL 5000mAh, so a 3 cell will be next but with the big batteries, 12.6 volts.

• Like 3

I got an email today from Fisher.  They said they have AQs available for me to purchase!

Now ... how should I reply?  haha