Somebody Out There's Going To Be Happy Today :-)

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I got an email today from Fisher.  They said they have AQs available for me to purchase!

Now ... how should I reply?  haha

Wait for the summer to happen!

Just the time to see if the final type will appear on the table.

In a way or another, thanks to the italian dealer I'm in partnership with, I'll get one to test and to produce some Footages.

If the meat will be of some value for me, the item will stay there in my home.Otherwise...Friends like before.

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I got an email today from Fisher.  They said they have AQs available for me to purchase!

I got one as well.  But I had to pass for the reasons I mentioned previously.  I am wondering .... what if people don’t like the price on the new machine think Fisher would still let loose of some limited ones which obviously won’t have upgrades?  Maybe Thomas or Joe can tell us how that 8” compares depth and noise wise in the water?  Joe you still got a “shut my mouth” rule?  Ya know I didn’t ask.... but I wonder what the price of the limited might be with the 8” coil over the standard.... or if they would even do that?

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I got one also and I already bought two haha. They must be going down the old list. That’s good though I think.  Hi Dew, Joe has his grandkids down so he is off the radar a bit. I’m sure he might take a min to check in just not regular. I would call Fisher and ask them. I am not sure how they are selling them. The way my mail read was $1499 for the AQ, one battery, phones and standard coil and $299 for the additional 8” coil. Both coils work well and have there place as you know. I think I saw a post by someone here using his 8” coil and said that it was deep. I always am scared to give depth in inches as I water hunt mostly and i use 3 scoops deep or whatever. Maybe I’m off a bit so it’s a guessing game sorta. Anyway the other guy says it’s deep. Joe loaned me his to give a shot but I have not done any air test with it. With all the gold down your way, I would think you could buy the limited and get it paid for by the time the newer machine shows up and then decide what to do. What I can say now, is that I am very happy with my AQ and noise is not a problem for me. Good luck to everybody.

• Like 4

Some weeks ago Fisher decided that the remaining production of AQ Limited units should be sold directly by them. As part of the agreement under which Fisher and I documented ending my role as sole dealer of the AQ Limited, I forwarded to them my list of registered potential buyers. On the same spreadsheet were the details on those who had asked to be withdrawn from the list as well as those who had already purchased AQ’s.

The agreement was satisfactory to to me and included compensation to me for providing the prospective buyers list and confirmed my ongoing role as a Fisher dealer.

What I 'meant' was is this my opportunity to outline to Fisher the problems I had with mine and the reason why it cost me money?  Should I tell them about their customer service and ... I'm quite an unhappy, unsold former customer and I feel they never heard or addressed my complaints.  

It is obvious that the new AQ team at Fisher has not read this forum.  They should.

5 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Some weeks ago Fisher decided that the remaining production of AQ Limited units should be sold directly by them. As part of the agreement under which Fisher and I agreed to ending my role as sole dealer of the AQ Limited, I forwarded to them my list of registered potential buyers. On the same spreadsheet were the details on those who had asked to be withdrawn from the list as well as those who had already purchased AQ’s.

The agreement was satisfactory to to me and included compensation to me for providing the prospective buyers list and confirmed my ongoing role as a Fisher dealer.

To that point Rick, I had to reiterate with them via a text inquiry that I had asked you to previously line me off the list as it became apparent that the limited application nature of the Impulse Limited Edition was not going to be a fit for me and I wouldn’t be providing them any useful feedback as a result.   So they obviously didn’t fully comprehend your instructions regarding the spreadsheet.

No reply to my text response back to the text THEY initiated.  But two days later got an email from them making the same AQ LE purchase proposal they texted me previously.  Not going to waste my time responding at this point.  But the whole thing smacks of minimum effort and borderline incompetence/cluelessness in a desperate attempt to dump unsold Limited Edition stock.  This, in my mind, dims any hopes of pursuing a future land-based iteration of the Impulse emanating from this non-professional clown show, to be quite frank. Not impressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

What I 'meant' was is this my opportunity to outline to Fisher the problems I had with mine and the reason why it cost me money?  Should I tell them about their customer service and ... I'm quite an unhappy, unsold former customer and I feel they never heard or addressed my complaints.  

It is obvious that the new AQ team at Fisher has not read this forum.  They should.

I just gave them an ear full by email!

I got an immediate email back saying that management would be made aware.  We'll see.

• Like 1

Chase I think they were just dotting their eyes to ensure those who might want one of the limited in lieu of or in addition to the production model.   There were some who had waited a long time and may feel the lower price tag still makes it worth getting.  I do believe they might have gotten a few more out.  But that as they say is history.  IF they really want to sell them I still hear some overseas guys want them.

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

They said at the very beginning that they wanted input from the users. Where better to get that information than the forums? It would be crazy to not be interested in what people have to say about the product.

Nobody asked me any questions about the list. I was given no information regarding how they planned to use it to market the remaining AQ LTD production.

The spreadsheet was clearly divided into prospective customers (thank you all) - “withdrawn” prospective customers - and customers who had purchased a unit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1