What I Like About The Tarsacci Before I Get It

The first thing about the Tarsacci I like is any time I want to set it aside for extended period is just pull the battery out.

I’ve had three detectors that I can’t do that and I’m glad now just to be down to two. 
 Chuck 

I was looking for a high end machine for a few years.   Had to be waterproof and handle salt water.   Every now and then one would come to my attention. The disappointment would start.   Waterproof but not for saltwater.   A real good one came along, but lost sound when the coil was surmerged.  There's a way around that for this model but didn't turn me on.  A real tried and very popular brand came out and I almost bit.   Showing my age I guess.   What everyone liked about most of these units was the many options, modes available to hunt with.   Plus if that weren't enough, computer updates.  Just might be me but another thing to mess my mind up.     So back in January on another forum the Basstrackerman made mention of the Tarsacci.  Did a lot of research.   Had everything I was looking for.   So pulled the trigger.   Handled wet salt sand /wading quietly.  Got a lot of depth.   Read a couple times mild mud hunting isn't it's best environment.  I'll say this, I alternate it with a very sharp fairly new analog machine. They both are dredging up coins I couldn't pull up in the past.  Both are a lot of fun to use and in the mud their a real nickel killers.    They both also have a good nose for silver items. Tarsacci made in USA and no regrets.   

• Like 2

I have to say .... i was floored to see the MDT only required one battery and to replace it only costs $6...... AND you get to as well as the charger which will recharge both at the same time.  You can get them easily anywhere on line.  Why are we paying crazy prices for battery packs???  You just cant beat old fashion KISS.   Ive used mine a lot.... they still charge to 4.1 and ive had mine a couple of years now.   This is one well made tank of a machine.... yet light weight.  Im hoping SteveG comes up with that thinner lower shaft for a little better water movement.   Thou i have to say the 12" coil moves pretty darn well out there.

• Like 2

I'm happy to hear you are getting the Tarsacci. Are you getting both coils with it? I think it would be worth it. That detector has been on my mind for awhile too. I hunt mostly fresh water lakes and the depth will be about the same as Equinox 800 so it's harder to go ahead and get it for me.

No, the depth will not be the same, especially with the 12” BEAST coil.  Even in fresh water & low mineralization dirt.

Aaron

• Like 2

No Rick I’m not getting the smaller coil because to me it’s a big coil. I’m in hopes they will see the need for a round 6” coil are a 5X10” coil.

My reasoning going for the Beast coil as it’s being called is the report’s that’s coming back on it. 

Chuck 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to What I Like About The Tarsacci Before I Get It