Looks like a fun time! Nice saves on the Silver! Love finding it........

I'm guessing, did Jim get a chance with the AQ? I have to apologize to him, I was suppose to send him some settings...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Looks like a fun time! Nice saves on the Silver! Love finding it........

I'm guessing, did Jim get a chance with the AQ? I have to apologize to him, I was suppose to send him some settings...

Thanks Joe. Yep you won't be getting a Christmas card from Jim this year 😄 He was fine. I showed him the basics (since that's all I know🤔), but since he has a lot of water experience and PI experience, he made whatever adjustments he needed. He was nice enough to give the AQ a full dunk for about 3 or 4 hours, so it finally hit some water instead of the land hunting it was used to. I wanted to try my GPX at a different setting  and his beach was a great choice. But I bet that water was COLDDDDDDDDD 🥶

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow that GPX is incredible. Even your "junk" is cool. Nice shootout!

• Like 1

THANK YOU SHN for letting me get my feet wet with the AQ.

The part I had the most trouble with was pinpointing a shallow target once I got the target out of the hole,

being chest deep and digging in running sand I dont have the time to check each scoop, I dig and dump piles next to each other so when I go back to check witch pile the target is in I can now judge by the strength of the signal witch scoop pile it should be in.

Missing in the pic is a silver wave ring that has already been claimed.

Joe you have helped many others including myself keep it up, Thank You

aq1.jpg

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Jim in ma said:

THANK YOU SHN for letting me get my feet wet with the AQ.

The part I had the most trouble with was pinpointing a shallow target once I got the target out of the hole,

being chest deep and digging in running sand I dont have the time to check each scoop, I dig and dump piles next to each other so when I go back to check witch pile the target is in I can now judge by the strength of the signal witch scoop pile it should be in.

Missing in the pic is a silver wave ring that has already been claimed.

Joe you have helped many others including myself keep it up, Thank You

aq1.jpg

Thank you for letting me pillage your site 😄 I think, if I had not forgotten to mention to you how sensitive the edge of the AQ was, it would have made finding the target out of hole easier. Most people that I read about have problems finding the target location while still in the hole. The fact that you got the targets out shows your PI & water experience. I told you not to show anybody your finds... there goes another silver ring 😆 That Buffalo cleaned up really nice! I think you did well just getting your hands on a new machine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tvr said:

Titling it and using the edge of the coil helps a lot with that.

Yep, that was the part I forgot to mention to him 😄 The Devil is in the details!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow that GPX is incredible. Even your "junk" is cool. Nice shootout!

Thanks. it is a really good beach machine when you find your beaches settings. You're in VA and it is a great relic machine for your iron rich dirt as well. Many relic hunters have found a lot of deep Civil War relics with the GPX. I can live with losing some of my machines, but not the GPX.

• Like 1