Tarsacci Finds The Colonial Under The Iron!!

Thank you!  I am very impressed with the tarsacci in the deep iron! 

• Like 3

Nice find,  Tarsacci is great on thin silver coins or worn out buttons. 

I use 18k mode when relic hunting, tends to enhance signal on worn thin silver coins, 1/2 dimes and worn silver reales. Conductively is lower on older small silver coins or brass buttons, Especially the tiny ones.  18k will enhance these signals, give it a try.

Congratulations!
Paul

• Like 3

I was going back and forth with the freq. seemed to be working pretty well in the lower  freq in the soft sandy soil.   Thanks for the suggestion.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul (CA) said:

Nice find,  Tarsacci is great on thin silver coins or worn out buttons. 

I use 18k mode when relic hunting, tends to enhance signal on worn thin silver coins, 1/2 dimes and worn silver reales. Conductively is lower on older small silver coins or brass buttons, Especially the tiny ones.  18k will enhance these signals, give it a try.

Congratulations!
Paul

Agreed Paul. Those tiny silver hammered coins are definitely low conductors and generally ring up in the smaller gold area around 4. They are literally paper thin. Here’s a video I did last summer using one of the smallest and thinnest coins ever, a hammered English farthing.

Aaron

• Like 2

Good informative video Aaron, a reminder for those not familiar with older silver coins or buttons having lower conductively. Here on West Coast,  some of the reales I’ve dug over the years conductively vary especially the tiny 1/4 reales. Deep old worn thin sliver will is hard to get especially masked by iron, shifting to higher kHz helps enhance the signal on these small worn coins or small buttons with lower conductivity. 

With the Tarsacci, I’m after these smaller worn out coins and buttons. Always hunt with 18k setting, coupled with the 12” coil it’s extremely deep. 

I can’t get the myself to use Disc mode, the audio mostly steers me away. Mix mode is terrific for my type of hunting, maybe on my next hunt will try Disc mode and give it a fair amount of time.  

Good informative video Aaron, 
Paul

• Thanks 1

Thanks Paul, much appreciated. Yes agreed on the 18khz, I find it’s really deep and is a good unmasker in iron. I try 6.4 however for some reason I tend to gravitate back to 18. I like the audio better especially in trash. I would definitely advise 18khz in trashy areas, especially IRON and for small gold which I really did well with last year. The machine is definitely using more power in 6.4 as the batteries (according to the manual) last half as long (20hrs). I know in 18 my batteries are going way past 30....

I’m trying to use mixed mode more, especially for sizing targets, just gotta get the ears for it.....

Aaron

30 minutes ago, Paul (CA) said:

Good informative video Aaron, a reminder for those not familiar with older silver coins or buttons having lower conductively. Here on West Coast,  some of the reales I’ve dug over the years conductively vary especially the tiny 1/4 reales. Deep old worn thin sliver will is hard to get especially masked by iron, shifting to higher kHz helps enhance the signal on these small worn coins or small buttons with lower conductivity. 

With the Tarsacci, I’m after these smaller worn out coins and buttons. Always hunt with 18k setting, coupled with the 12” coil it’s extremely deep. 

I can’t get the myself to use Disc mode, the audio mostly steers me away. Mix mode is terrific for my type of hunting, maybe on my next hunt will try Disc mode and give it a fair amount of time.  

Good informative video Aaron, 
Paul

I have dug plenty of Spanish Coins and cobs in my colonial sites here in Virginia with the deus,   I am looking forward to finding some silver with the Tarsacci. 

16 hours ago, Dug2gld said:

I have dug plenty of Spanish Coins and cobs in my colonial sites here in Virginia with the deus,   I am looking forward to finding some silver with the Tarsacci. 

Hi Dug2gld , what is the difference between the Tarsacci and the Deus , is the Tarsacci better than the Deus in iron trash ? thx ...