FORS-cast No Rain Only Gold

Hello

Well it looked like there was a small window of opportunity to get outside today and get on some gold. Headed back to previous detecting site for some swingin. Moved down range 50 yards from last time to see what was there. Hit a good patch of small stuff that was mostly stuck in bedrock left behind by our historic miners. Only bad thing is I think they had a trap shoot there at one time. I never found so many birdshot bb's in such a small area. Only lasted a few hours then it started clouding up and started to sprinkle. It was fun while it lasted. Once again Fors plus operated great in all metal with "dd" coil. Have to not forget concentric for a try next time. Can't wait till next time. 23 pcs. For 2.5 dwt. Nothing big but the color is nice

Good luck

I have a few videos that I will post a link for here shortly

post-764-0-74382600-1453190675_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-94401600-1453190696_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-95864300-1453190722_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hey Ray,

In the modern day alot of public land has been hit pretty hard. Theres still gold there. No one gets it all. Personally in the last few years, I mostly aim for private places. While doing research, I found alot is on private property. And most owners have watched their land pretty well. This makes for some mostly virgin detecting areas. So I go to county assesors office and get a name of a owner on a place that I know there is gold. then I get ahold of them. I like to actually go and talk to them in person instead of the phone. Most of them I dont even know from adam. And youd be surprised that about 90 percent of them let us in. I always offer a percent of the gold but in years of doing this only one owner wanted a 80-20 split. I dont try to ruin my permissions by taking a bunch of other people in there. That is a killer to get kicked out. I mostly only go with my detecting partner anyway. After getting dozens of permissions on private places I also have a great list of owner references in case another wants to hear about their experience with us. We also have liability release forms. That we used only once. Another thing is my family came to my county in 1849 to mine gold. and never left. So we know alot of people and alot of them own gold lands. My wife says that im full of b.s. and thats how I talk our way into private places. Not sure. But if that dont work I take her to talk to the owner. Shes not hard to look at. Maybe she convinces some of them. I thought it was my good b.s

• Like 3