Please ID Rock

Morning!

Can you tell me what it is? I found this in Central Florida and the only "rocks" we have here are fossilized corals. But it was near the "landscaping rocks" pile people in FL buy and litter their property with, so it could be part of this pile and in that case brought from out of state. It is very heavy and feels solid. 2 corners are chipped and some different yellow material shows through. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atp2fP1AWl8Bl28KWLlCxx1Bwukc?e=QXyZYX

Thank you for suggestions. 

'

Looks like a type of Chert.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

Looks like a common landscape rock used here alot! White quartz, volcanic rocks, river rocks, and sandstone, to name a few, are all very popular in Florida! We Floridians try to be creative with the yards! Green all year gets old fast! I'm more of a mulch user myself! But the weeds never end, no matter what you use!!🤣👍👍

• Like 2

Like some of the others have noted, your rock (which is actually a mineral) is from the cryptocrystalline Quartz family. It has banding of different colors which is a characteristic of chalcedony, agate, jasper, flint, chert, and several other types of quartz. Sliced and polished, it would make a very attractive specimen.

I know there are some locations in Florida that have produced chalcedony. Those specimens did not look like yours. 

Your specimen would be a fairly common find in many places in the US, especially in the western USA.

• Like 4