Equinox Fe Vs Fe2, Set At Zero?

bklein

Is setting FE at zero result in the same behavior as setting FE2 at zero?  

Also, if you set FE for instance, and get out of special settings mode, the FE setting takes precedence over FE2?  It’s not like you have to worry how both are set, just the last set one?

• Like 1

You may have to search the forum or pinned topics on this one.  Only speculation available and no real answers from Minelab. There are some made up scales comparing range of one versus the other.  

On setting the mode, I think once you set for each mode, it stays that way until you change or do a reset to factory settings. So you can have Park 1 at FE: 2 and Park 2 at FE2: 0 and it should not change, again, until you change or reset the whole detector. I think that is what they call a local vs a global setting like volume or sensitivity for example. 

I love Fe2!

So far, this season, I have set Fe2 at ZERO.

I have dug everything in the first FIVE hunts.  So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

Beaver tails and old tabs still get dug.  But overall I am loving the signals that Fe2 has provided. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TripleT said:

I love Fe2!

So far, this season, I have set Fe2 at ZERO.

I have dug everything in the first FIVE hunts.  So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

Beaver tails and old tabs still get dug.  But overall I am loving the signals that Fe2 has provided. 

As a beach hunter, I am wondering what you mean by pull tabs getting detected correctly??

Here's an excerpt from the User Manual updated after the 2.x software upgrade (when the F2 setting was introduced):

1351095486_Screenshotat2021-04-04202626.png.e887fce2b87ea7f052f6584d15b847c7.png

This doesn't really say if that 'wider range' is above, below, or both when comparing FE and F2, though.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, TripleT said:

So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

So Iron bias affects signals from aluminum targets?

6 hours ago, TripleT said:

Only in 4 and 5 kHz single modes. It doesn't seem to work in multi....

From the manual.  -  "Iron Bias is only available when the operating frequency is Multi."

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, bklein said:

Also, if you set FE for instance, and get out of special settings mode, the FE setting takes precedence over FE2?  It’s not like you have to worry how both are set, just the last set one?

That is correct. From the manual: “The Iron Bias FE and Iron Bias F2 settings profiles are independent. When Iron Bias FE is selected, the Iron Bias F2 setting has no effect, and vice versa.”

• Like 1