Is setting FE at zero result in the same behavior as setting FE2 at zero?  

Also, if you set FE for instance, and get out of special settings mode, the FE setting takes precedence over FE2?  It’s not like you have to worry how both are set, just the last set one?

• Like 1

You may have to search the forum or pinned topics on this one.  Only speculation available and no real answers from Minelab. There are some made up scales comparing range of one versus the other.  

On setting the mode, I think once you set for each mode, it stays that way until you change or do a reset to factory settings. So you can have Park 1 at FE: 2 and Park 2 at FE2: 0 and it should not change, again, until you change or reset the whole detector. I think that is what they call a local vs a global setting like volume or sensitivity for example. 

I love Fe2!

So far, this season, I have set Fe2 at ZERO.

I have dug everything in the first FIVE hunts.  So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

Beaver tails and old tabs still get dug.  But overall I am loving the signals that Fe2 has provided. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, TripleT said:

I love Fe2!

So far, this season, I have set Fe2 at ZERO.

I have dug everything in the first FIVE hunts.  So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

Beaver tails and old tabs still get dug.  But overall I am loving the signals that Fe2 has provided. 

As a beach hunter, I am wondering what you mean by pull tabs getting detected correctly??

Here's an excerpt from the User Manual updated after the 2.x software upgrade (when the F2 setting was introduced):

1351095486_Screenshotat2021-04-04202626.png.e887fce2b87ea7f052f6584d15b847c7.png

This doesn't really say if that 'wider range' is above, below, or both when comparing FE and F2, though.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, TripleT said:

So far, 95% of pull tabs have been detected correctly.  

So Iron bias affects signals from aluminum targets?

6 hours ago, TripleT said:

Only in 4 and 5 kHz single modes. It doesn't seem to work in multi....

From the manual.  -  "Iron Bias is only available when the operating frequency is Multi."

• Like 2
On 4/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, bklein said:

Also, if you set FE for instance, and get out of special settings mode, the FE setting takes precedence over FE2?  It’s not like you have to worry how both are set, just the last set one?

That is correct. From the manual: “The Iron Bias FE and Iron Bias F2 settings profiles are independent. When Iron Bias FE is selected, the Iron Bias F2 setting has no effect, and vice versa.”

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By GB_Amateur
      Apparently these kinds of interviews have been occurring for a couple months with various detector experts (and dealers) around the world.  Except for a post buried in a thread (credit to Dances with Doves for calling my attention to these), which I didn't figure would reach the full audience, I think this is the first post of these four episodes with Gerry which were uploaded to YouTube on the 18th & 19th of April.  Basically each of the first three episodes covers the one of the new coils separately and sequentially:  5"x10" (~19 minutes), 9"x14" (~22 minutes), 15" round (~44 minutes) and a wrapup segment (~11 minutes).  I'm posting just the first one as each successive one is linked by Trevor at the end of the previous.  E.g. to see part 2 (9"x14" discussion) just move the video's scroll cursor to the end of part 1.  I watched episodes 1,2, and 4 in their entirety and the first 15 minutes of episode 3.  A lot of the general info is second nature to seasoned detectorists.  But there were a couple tidbits and I like being reminded now and then of the basic principles.

• By bklein
      I am not liking my EQ600 with 15” coil and am wondering if it’s just my brain is too attached to my CTX, or if something is wrong with the coil or detector. I am noticing that the coil cable is being sensed if moved when I’m detecting so I did this little video test that uses my car as a ferrous background/target. If I move the cable with it in the background it senses the movement. But if I do it in air, no detection of the cable.  I’ve never seen this discussed or tried before so don’t know what to think about it.

• By longbow62
      I posted this on another forum other than Detector Prospector also. I feel Detector Prospector tends to be a bit more technical oriented than the other forum so I posted it here also.
      I am 100% all in on the Equinox. I like it so much I have 2 800's. My biggest gripe is how susceptible it is to EMI. Some of my best spots have EMI so bad I have to turn the Nox down to like 15 or below. I used to run a Nokta Impact in 14kHz as my main detector before I got the Nox and it had EMI issues also, but I don't remember it being quite as bad. I think the Nox is a much hotter detector than the Impact is. It's sure a lot deeper than the Impact. I don't have the problem everywhere so I know it's not a detector problem. Running a smaller coil helps some, but not a lot.
      So I've had an Etrac and never once did I have any audible EMI issues. Is it Multi-IQ that is susceptible or what?
      Do power companies check for EMI issues like bad connections or transformers that may be the culprit? Most of my issues have been in the older parts of towns where the power infrastructure tends to be much older.
      How many other people with the Equinox notice EMI is worse on it more than other detectors they use?  
    • By aerospace guy
      After following EQ's progression I decided to buy the 800 hoping for a "simpler" detector than the GPX5000 which I sold. Part of that decision was based on one of Gerry's posts along the lines of "I've found more with a sub $1000 machine than all the more expensive ones ". My 1st time out proved to substantiate the claims made that the EQ will find small gold and larger as I found what I classify when dry washing as a -20 and found a 4.29 gram nugget! This while not fully understanding how to operate the detector! Using the "quick start' and owners full manual I was able to succeed. I hope there are some comprehensive videos out now that I can access?
    • By F350Platinum
      Got a 600, been taking it to the beach every day. About 3-4 hours in with the sun beating down on it, the LCD display becomes hard to read. Should I get a hat for it? 😀 Seriously, is this a common issue? When I turn around and it's shaded somewhat or of I let it cool down for a bit the screen comes back, but it's annoying.
    • By Earth sweeper
      I have not done any updates to my Equinox 800 until tonight. I could only find 2 updates - 2.0 and 3.0. I did both updates. I thought there was an earlier update as well. Did they combine the earlier one with 2.0?