Twofer Day - Beach Hunt 2

33 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You mean in a week?  (Moon is in last quarter phase today....)

One day. Or should I say tide? 7 to 10' up and down, every cycle. 10.9' highest recorded. The beach in some spots almost disappears. It was about 8' today.

• Like 2

There are also "negative low tides" (sometimes  as much as.-1.7' here) a few days each month.

Some places it doesn't go out very far at all , depends on how steep the shore is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Sometimes you have to treasure those seventy-two cent days.  Some will be better and a whole lot will be less!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thanks! I treasure finding anything that isn't a pull tab or a sinker so far. If I had all day there would be more. It's been good, no EMI or difficulties. Clean beach, very little iron. Some noise in the hole but I'm learning to use the carrot in salt. Yesterday was less in value. The South African Rand is worth 68 cents, and the two pennies made it 70.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

There are also "negative low tides" (sometimes  as much as.-1.7' here) a few days each month.

Some places it doesn't go out very far at all , depends on how steep the shore is.

Just for the numbers folks, it was 7.25 high, .52 low today. Think I hit this place at a good time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

That was a good day , my last trip I got a clad quarter , a rusty bolt and a pull tab...... 

I think at my level of experience that would be a fine day. Toting all the lead isn't fun, but there are trash cans along the beach.

I may just be hitting the lucky spots where hunting isn't too difficult. Going to go up in the Albemarle sound later this year, that should be interesting, and Emerald Isle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

I scuttled my beach plan for today pretty cool start and winds increasing to over 25knots ,,,probably too many depositors in the way anyway,,,   Nice days are comin'.

True! I went 600 miles South thinking I'd have fair winds an' following seas. Turns out today was warmer back home than here. 😵 Not so tomorrow tho. They'll be shiverin' their timbers, and it'll be nice here.

I thank you all for making this one of the best life decisions I've ever made. It's been a blast so far, thanks for putting up with me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

True! I went 600 miles South thinking I'd have fair winds an' following seas. Turns out today was warmer back home than here. 😵 Not so tomorrow tho. They'll be shiverin' their timbers, and it'll be nice here.

I thank you all for making this one of the best life decisions I've ever made. It's been a blast so far, thanks for putting up with me.

Keep it fun and enjoy the great outdoors.   You have dug some great stuff.   I enjoy your posts.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those that don't know Easter is set by the moon. This means every Easter the tide are at there maximum high and minimum lows. Next Easter get your self to the beach for some good finds. I have been doing this for 40 odd years.

• Like 1