Beach Hunt #3 - Another 50 Cents

Obviously more of a fishing beach, than a swim and loose your jewelry beach! At least in it's current condition, and time of year! But finding lead is a good sign! I think you are doing fine, and gaining valuable experience! Great sunset!!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can't beat that view F350P!  Beautiful!! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Obviously more of a fishing beach, than a swim and loose your jewelry beach! At least in it's current condition, and time of year! But finding lead is a good sign! I think you are doing fine, and gaining valuable experience! Great sunset!!👍👍

You are absolutely right. It isn't frequented much by beach goers, it's really the Savannah River. There were some there but it's quiet, there is no parking to speak of. Mostly condos and rental houses.

The reason I'm there is the possibility of finding relics. I found one button but I'll move on. Today I'm bringing the scoop and will probably go in the water to get a feel for surf scooping first though. Bet I'll find a lot of lead out there! I have a sling for the Equinox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

You can't beat that view F350P!  Beautiful!! 

That was a quick phone snap as I was leaving, I heard a boat coming and saw the couple watching it. Sun sets toward the city, you get kinda a West coast vibe on that beach.

• Like 2

You may be able to find historic objects sight hunting as well, if there are any shell or rocky areas near the surfs reach! Especially old glass! And also places detectors aren't allowed! When I was at the Old Savannah waterfront, shopping with the family (they were shopping), my eyes were glued to the old cobblestone areas looking for anything stuck in the cracks! That was before I started detecting again! My wife thinks I'm weird anyway; that didn't help!!🤣

Good luck!👍👍

• Like 2

Nice! 1998 more trips the equipment will be all paid off!

That is a pretty flat beach. You try hitting the areas where people cast from and towel lines? Doesn't look like it has a lot of erosion. If there is any you may want to look for pebbles and change of sand, maybe where it is packed more. I think coins tend to sit higher up the bank and heaver stuff lags behind. Aluminum seems to be a sign your too far up. At least that is what it seems to work out here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great view of the beach! I have a box for each beach that I keep all the junk finds. I save it just in case there are rumblings that detecting may be banned from a beach. That way I have a show and tell ready to show the benefits of detecting at a town meeting. One look at rusty fishing hooks and pointed, rusty nails and maybe that can make or break the deal. Plus, lead and copper/brass have some good value as scrap.  That soft metal may be part of a flattened ring - Aluminum or silver?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Great view of the beach! I have a box for each beach that I keep all the junk finds. I save it just in case there are rumblings that detecting may be banned from a beach. That way I have a show and tell ready to show the benefits of detecting at a town meeting. One look at rusty fishing hooks and pointed, rusty nails and maybe that can make or break the deal. Plus, lead and copper/brass have some good value as scrap.  That soft metal may be part of a flattened ring - Aluminum or silver?

I take pictures of most of my finds, didn't today because I had a lot of junk and the trash can looked inviting. That's a good plan though! No worries here, they know the benefits. They don't pay for scrap where I live anymore.

It is soft and not brittle. Not sure what metal, it was a 15 so probably lead? Maybe tin and aluminum?

• Like 2