Freddy Dodge's Gold Prospecting Show

I've been catching up on all the shows since I changed my channel lineup after the beginning of the year! I don't take them too seriously, but I do learn some decent stuff; Good and bad!! And they are in the realm of what we like to do! 

Besides, other than a movie here and there, and Newsmax, it's all the TV I watch!👍👍 

43 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I've been catching up on all the shows since I changed my channel lineup after the beginning of the year! I don't take them too seriously, but I do learn some decent stuff; Good and bad!! And they are in the realm of what we like to do! 

I watch them for the entertainment value.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I still got the Brooklyn Bridge for sale and I will throw in all the pigeons on it but no takers. 

You've got the bridge, but I sold all the ocean front property in Arizona a long time ago. You can check it out... there's none there. 😁

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gold Rush: Mine Rescue with Freddy & Juan
S3 E1 - Old Dog, New Tricks
Freddy and Juan face a mine intervention at a 30-year-old Nevada claim.

https://go.discovery.com/video/gold-rush-freddy-dodges-mine-rescue-on-discovery-discovery-atve-us/old-dog-new-tricks

Missed it (Friday).  :sad:  Might be able to finagle a way to see it.  (I tried the link without success.)  Does it require some kind of subscription?  (Maybe my browser software is just too out-of-date.)

Sometimes the specialized streaming route (e.g. Discovery+) as opposed to standard cable and its clones show these ahead of time which could give those of us still married to cable(-like) services a heads up.

I just Saturday mentioned to a friend who is more video saavy than I that I wanted to see if we could use his streaming services to find those two episodes (Freddy Dodge one and Todd Hoffman one) before I miss them on my old school cable.

Some of the most popular cable TV shows (e.g. Curse of Oak Island) will rebroadcast the previous week's episode the hour right before the new episode, but I don't think Freddy's & Juan's program is popular enough for that.  I'll figure out something.

• Like 1

I think it's really cool you're in these shows Steve, I like the shows, they're entertaining, they don't have to be 100% real to be worth watching and in fact if they were they'd likely be a lot less popular as they're be quite boring.  No show would want to follow me on a days gold detecting digging thousands of pellets to find a few crumbs 🙂  They're entertainment, not a documentary.

Some happy snaps from the episodes

1.thumb.jpg.d22069b791ae03aa8059ce18a3f3c694.jpg

Steve2.thumb.jpg.d09b57982682155544e0af2c718ad625.jpg

They didn't like your shirt obviously and blurred it out, but were happy to keep the AT Gold hat on display 🙂  It's good to see Garrett getting on these TV shows, Aussie Gold Hunters is all about Minelab marketing, Garrett got their foot in the door once with the ATX when the Gold Gypsies dropped their Minelabs and used them for one season but it caused a bit of a ruckus.  Now the Axiom is out it would have been a better time to do it.

Steve3.thumb.jpg.bdd79e4bbafa91fde265c71b582930e9.jpg

It's funny they call Steve a gold detector, but in a way I guess you could say he is 🙂

Steve4.thumb.jpg.f0b64cea192f128d1275ffba1a37e6ef.jpg

Cool detecting area, I'd be having a ball there.

Steve5.thumb.jpg.0392686d543b60f417b237540ae3aca7.jpg

Steve6.thumb.jpg.22bf32b02db3ff66d3f385c5e2b8af0a.jpg

Steve7.thumb.jpg.525d91ebb67c7530f18458d32a080ccc.jpg

Just a 22 shell!

I'll keep an eye out of Hoffmans, It's only up to episode 2 but no sign of you yet.

• Like 7

Steve,

I don't know if you remember but I bought a White's Dual Field from you that had additional shielding for hunting in Hawaii. It found me a few pieces of gold. Been using the Deus ll for most of my detecting nowadays. I'll keep an eye out for you on the Hoffman show. Maybe I can catch the Freddy show I missed. 

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Missed it (Friday).  :sad:  Might be able to finagle a way to see it.  (I tried the link without success.)  Does it require some kind of subscription?  (Maybe my browser software is just too out-of-date.)

I think it is a subscription link. All a quick Google turned up for me.

• The title was changed to Freddy Dodge's Gold Prospecting Show