Ml80 Headphone Issue - Update

Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.

I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Could be your charger. I have a headset that I was using a USB charger that had a quick charge outlet. When plugged into that outlet my headset would say that it was 100 percent charged but would only work 10 minutes and would say zero percent charged. I plugged them into a regular USB charger and they work for many hours. 

3 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Mine are 2 years old and maybe the newer ones are different but the red LEDs never blink. They stay on solid until charged then turn off.

I have two WM08 receivers, the original that came with my 800 three years ago and another that I bought ('used') on Ebay and for which I don't know its history.  (I probably bought it about a year ago, maybe a bit less.)  My original does not blink when charging but the one I bought on Ebay does.

17 hours ago, dbsmokey said:

Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.

I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Hi ,I had an issue with my ML80 headphones a year ago. The ON/OFF button was broken . I sent it back to my seller and they sent me a brand new one. May be it is related with your pb I dont know ... Anyway those ML80 buttons are fragile compared to the Garrett MS3 headphones for example

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I  misspoke:  the red LEDs are solid (not blinking) for a few minutes and then go out; which, according to the headphone user guide, indicates a full charge.  I will attempt to find another cord to use to charge them.  I have attempted both an AC adapter on the USB charging cord and directly connecting it to both a computer and a power-strip USB port, all with the same result.

I will continue my attempts to contact ML and the Dealer.  Thanks again, all

• 1 month later...

Update:  Minelab contacted me with a few questions about the headphones.  Upon answering them, they opened a case and requested I send them to a facility in PA.  They arrived there this last Monday whereby they diagnosed them as faulty.  By the end of Wednesday they had already shipped a new pair to me, which should arrive this Saturday.  THAT is outstanding customer support!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Ml 80 Headphone Issue--update
  • The title was changed to Ml80 Headphone Issue - Update