Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.

I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Could be your charger. I have a headset that I was using a USB charger that had a quick charge outlet. When plugged into that outlet my headset would say that it was 100 percent charged but would only work 10 minutes and would say zero percent charged. I plugged them into a regular USB charger and they work for many hours. 

Mine are 2 years old and maybe the newer ones are different but the red LEDs never blink. They stay on solid until charged then turn off.

I would keep trying your dealer and ML to see if yours came with a fault.

3 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Mine are 2 years old and maybe the newer ones are different but the red LEDs never blink. They stay on solid until charged then turn off.

I have two WM08 receivers, the original that came with my 800 three years ago and another that I bought ('used') on Ebay and for which I don't know its history.  (I probably bought it about a year ago, maybe a bit less.)  My original does not blink when charging but the one I bought on Ebay does.

17 hours ago, dbsmokey said:

Last week,  I attempted to power on the ML 80 headphones I use with the Equinox 800.  I purchased these new in March 2019.  They would not power on.  I charged them:  the 3 red LEDs flash for about 10 minutes and then turn off, as if headphones were charged.  But, the headphones still will not power on.

I attempted to contact my dealer and ML, but neither have yet responded.  Does anybody have any novel ideas to try, or troubleshooting, remedies?  I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Hi ,I had an issue with my ML80 headphones a year ago. The ON/OFF button was broken . I sent it back to my seller and they sent me a brand new one. May be it is related with your pb I dont know ... Anyway those ML80 buttons are fragile compared to the Garrett MS3 headphones for example

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I  misspoke:  the red LEDs are solid (not blinking) for a few minutes and then go out; which, according to the headphone user guide, indicates a full charge.  I will attempt to find another cord to use to charge them.  I have attempted both an AC adapter on the USB charging cord and directly connecting it to both a computer and a power-strip USB port, all with the same result.

I will continue my attempts to contact ML and the Dealer.  Thanks again, all

• 1 month later...

Update:  Minelab contacted me with a few questions about the headphones.  Upon answering them, they opened a case and requested I send them to a facility in PA.  They arrived there this last Monday whereby they diagnosed them as faulty.  By the end of Wednesday they had already shipped a new pair to me, which should arrive this Saturday.  THAT is outstanding customer support!

• Like 3
  • dbsmokey changed the title to Ml 80 Headphone Issue--update
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Ml80 Headphone Issue - Update

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      I mentioned these headphones but it's embedded in another thread. I think them worthy of a post of their own with the right tag.
      They're not waterproof or even water resistant, but I'd still use them at the beach. I don't like earbuds, and the one set I tried failed after 3 days.
      I've been looking for something that is on ear or bone conducting, this headphone was released in December 2020. Don't know why I didn't find them earlier:
      Creative SoundBlaster Jam V2.
      Specs:
      Aptx-LL (B+ on the Equinox) 
      Bluetooth 5, Aptx-HD as well
      Can connect to 2 devices, and be used direct wired via USB-C cable
      22 hour purported battery life
      On ear 2" Neodymium drivers
      3.5 ounces
      Noise cancelling (but you can hear ambient sounds like your pinpointer)
      USB-C charging
      Spare pair of ear pads and charging cable.

These headphones are outrageously light, can easily accommodate any head size (they will expand as you use them), and they are loud and have bass boost. After using them for a day they sounded almost as good as my BT-80 over ear headphones which I compare everything to. They paired within 2 minutes to the Equinox. Once paired, put them on, push the large button and hold until you hear a tone. Turn the Equinox on and bam. 
      The only cons I can think of are that the band is a bit uncomfortable (no padding) unless you wear a hat, and they can come off with a lot of stooping. Wrap the band with sticky tape. I wrapped mine with ACU because I like camo. 😀
      They're $39 on Amazon.
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08QRQMLVY
    • By Luis
      Acabo de ver estos auriculares en aliexpres. No estoy seguro de lo que valen, pero lo comparto por si le interesa un compañero. La verdad es que se ven bien
      Translation from Google Translate: 
      I just saw these headphones in aliexpress. I'm not sure what they're worth, but I'll share it in case you're interested in a partner. The truth is that they look good

Plufy deportes auricular Bluetooth csr4.1 banda para el cuello auriculares apt-x estéreo Auriculares con micrófono piel Orejeras
      (Plufy Sports Bluetooth Headset CSR4.1 Neckband Headset apt-x Stereo Headset with Microphone Skin Earmuffs)
    • By Tometusns
      Question:
        Does anyone else have a problem with the ws5 headphones battery going dead while they're turned off? They are updated to 5.21...twice !! 
        Could it be the headphones have a problem or is it the battery? It's certainly not normal.  Thanks!
    • By midalake
      Anyone running the new version of sunray phones???   thanks.

https://www.robsdetectors.com/sun-ray-pro-gold-universal-headphones/

• By Northeast
      Morning all,  
      I have been looking for something that will essentially work like a WM08 (the Equinox wireless receiver) but on the GPX 6000.  Something that can then simply have any type of earphone, earbud, on ear or over ear headphones attached to it.  
      I specifically wish to plug some Philips Sports earbuds into a Receiver.  They sit out of the ear to allow some ambient sound in so you are aware of surroundings.  And don't sit inside your ear like a proper ear bud that can get all sweaty and yuck.  I've used the Philips before and they are perfect for me.  

The supplied Minelab GPX 6000 headphones work great - but I'm not keen on headphones as they are hot and they make it difficult to wear a broad brimmed hat.  I do recognise there are other hat options.   

The non Bluetooth options:
      The Quest kit is great (  http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/quest-wirefree-mate-kit/  )  and  although I know they work really well, they definitely only pair with each other and I do not want to attach a Transmit unit to the GPX 6000 - possibility of EMI, an extra thing to get knocked off, an extra thing to charge and the functionality of a Bluetooth LL Transmitter is already in the GPX so why not use it!! 🤪   
      The Minelab Pro Sonic is too expensive and would need a Transmitter attached to the detector. 
      The Garrett Z-Link - would also need a Transmitter attached to the detector.  

Bluetooth APTX Low Latency options:
      I have ordered the Avantree AS70 as it said they were due for release at the start of June.  But since ordering (4 days ago) that has been changed to the end of July  😤    https://avantree.com/au/as70-bluetooth-adapter-for-headphones   They are the latest version of the Clipper Pro previously mentioned on DP as having worked well.  The Clipper Pro seems completely unavailable now. 
      I like the look of the AS70 and Clipper Pro as they have a good clip that will attach to a shirt, collar, harness or whatever. 
      There are these  https://avantree.com/au/lock-bluetooth-transmitter-receiver-set    but they are a pair and I wonder if the Receive unit will work directly with the GPX or will it only pair with the Transmit unit (it does say auto pairing with each other in the write up).
      Chase Goldman had previously mentioned these as working well:
      TaoTronics 65ft Bluetooth Transmitter/Receive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BMT9BY
      TROND Bluetooth V5.0 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/       Newer version here     https://www.amazon.com/TROND-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Indicator-Simultaneously-dp-B01K8ANDCI/dp/B01K8ANDCI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
      I notice the TaoTronics is currently unavailable on Amazon.
      At this stage I may get one of the newer Trond units as that will at least be a back up for my upcoming big trip and may end up being my main unit if the Avantree does not turn up in time.  
      There are a few others mentioned on this site  http://www.aptx.com/  but some look el-cheapo, some are no longer made (the site is not kept up to date in that regard), none of them have a clip to attach to clothing and I am unsure if any of them actually pair with a Vanguish/Equinox/GPX6.  
      Anything that pairs and works well in Low Latency with the Equinox/Vanquish should work well with the GPX 6000.  Would be even happier if my Equinox WM08 just hooked up (shame on you Minelab 😜)
      So my questions, finally!  
      What other brands have worked for people?
      Is the audio quality good?  Manufacturing quality good?  Somewhat weatherproof?
      Is the Low Latency good?   
      Have they paired easily with no issues? 
      What sort of time frame are the batteries lasting for most people?     
      Hoping you good people can share some 1st hand experiences - good or bad - and this can be a one stop resource for others searching for a similar device.  

Cheers, N.E.  👍
    • By Stacy
      Has anyone tried one of these to waterproof their WM08 module?