Free Ring Circus - Beach Hunt #4

Beautiful ring. That's the nicest Tungsten ring I have seen found!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There you go! Did you do a ring dance?🤣  Persistence pays off! Congratulations! Very nice ring! 👍👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful ring. That's the nicest Tungsten ring I have seen found!

Thanks! Found it on eBay for 24.99, but it works for me - it's flawless. I'm really stoked with all the great advice I've got from this forum. Every day I go out I find something that at least makes the effort worthwhile. That 1967 penny was shocking.

When I was doing a lot of fishing, being asked "catch anything?" multiple times was kinda trifling, but I never expected the amount of people that would stop me metal detecting. 🤪 It's nice to be able to say "Every time I do this!" 😀

Hitting the main swimming beach tomorrow. I think I'm ready for it. There is another HUGE one down the road, but so many go there it would be tough to get anywhere. I've been coming to this island for 15 years now and I have never seen so many people.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

There you go! Did you do a ring dance?🤣  Persistence pays off! Congratulations!👍👍

I kinda did a little jig, but there was a crowd of people watching. I've been (I guess) lucky that I am the only one out here doing this. 🙄 Only saw one kid with a Bounty Hunter a couple days ago.

• Haha 2

Well, if you have an audience, the Mackarana is appropriate!🤣😂   

Seriously though, I just put any good stuff in the pouch, as if it were a crappy zincoln, or trash! (same thing)!  I keep a pretty good poker face on a crowded beach! You never know if someone that sees what you just found will say they just lost it!  And than chaos insues! Sad, but it can happen!

You will also get people that genuinely lost something, and will ask if you can find it! That's a personal choice, if you have the time to do so! But if you do help, make sure they give you a detailed description of the lost item, so if you find something else in the process, they can't claim it's their's also, if they follow you! If not, you can get basic information, and a phone number and call them if you find it! 

Most detectorists avoid crowded beaches for many reasons! It's not a bad thing! But when your traveling, or trying to catch a tide cycle that's in the middle of the day, sometimes you just have to put up with all the distractions that go with it! Night detecting is a great way to avoid the heat and crowds! With a nice moon, or headlamp, it is very relaxing! But a little more risky if you hunt alone! Also, some beaches have night time closing hours!

This got a little longer than I intended; and there's always more! But I wanted to give you a few more scenarios, now that you are a "Bonafide Beach Jewlery Finder"! 💍😂👍👍

PS- Nice rig and cart!!

And "Thank You For Your Service"🇺🇸🗽

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Well, if you have an audience, the Mackarana is appropriate!🤣😂   

Seriously though, I just put any good stuff in the pouch, as if it were a crappy zincoln, or trash! I keep a pretty good poker face on a crowded beach! You never know if someone that sees what you just found will say they just lost it!  And than chaos insues! Sad, but it can happen!

You will also get people that genuinely lost something, and will ask if you can find it! That's a personal choice, if you have the time to do so! But if you do help, make sure they give you a detailed description of the lost item, so if you find something else in the process, they can't claim it's their's also, if they follow you! If not, you can get basic information, and a phone number and call them if you find it! 

Most detectorists avoid crowded beaches for many reasons! It not a bad thing! But when your traveling, or trying to catch a tide cycle that's in the middle of the day, sometimes you just have to put up with all the distractions that go with it! Night detecting is a great way to avoid the heat and crowds! With a nice moon, or headlamp, it is very relaxing! But a little more risky if you hunt alone! Also, some beaches have night time closing hours!

This got a little longer than I intended! But I wanted to give you a few more scenarios, now that you are a " Beach Jewlery Finder"! 💍😂👍👍

Thanks Joe. As I wrote in another thread, I welcome all questions, comments and abuse. 😀 Even abuse can steer one in the right direction! Loquacious posts are also fine. I don't think I've ever come across a tl;dr post here.

I've got one of those Calces365 pouches that has two zippered pockets and mesh to let the sand out. I have communicated with the person who makes them, he is really nice. They beat the Garrett bag by a mile on the beach. It looks like you're just dropping stuff in the bag.

Great points and food for thought for tomorrow. Just looked at the weather and I even get one more bonus day this week, I'm afraid I'm going to bore everyone to death with my posts. That's why I try to think up clever titles. 😎

• Like 1

I use a Kellyco mesh pouch, does the job and even though I have patched it up half dozen times it isn't expensive.

You try shortening up the shaft so the coil is closer to your feet or get a counter weight? I have a sling and tried it a few times and could never get used to it. Think if you balance the machine it will be much easier for longer hunts. At least your starting to pick up some coins and that ring looks pretty cool for what it is. Just matter of time to find a few keepers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't find it boring at all! But I think i am much closer to your level of experience, in some ways! Besides, any way I can help someone out with what I detect the most, I'm sure will be (and has) returned to me many times over, by the more experienced, great people here! That's why i love Steve's forum! I'm just trying to contribute by paying it forward, the best I can! And have some fun along the way!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1