Free Ring Circus - Beach Hunt #4

Looks like a great time out! Mini tsunami, know them well in the Northern part of the Bay, I've heard down in the lower part of the bay the subs coming thru really throw a good one.

• Like 4

Nice hunting and wish you more luck on something nice for the wife.

Good luck and keep a swinging.

• Like 2

As a regular fisherman You own inside your brain the attitude to find holes......Be careful then, and for now try to hit a trough...

Congratulations on your hunt!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kac said:

I use a Kellyco mesh pouch, does the job and even though I have patched it up half dozen times it isn't expensive.

You try shortening up the shaft so the coil is closer to your feet or get a counter weight? I have a sling and tried it a few times and could never get used to it. Think if you balance the machine it will be much easier for longer hunts. At least your starting to pick up some coins and that ring looks pretty cool for what it is. Just matter of time to find a few keepers.

I'm using the sling to keep from putting the detector down. It doesn't bother me or restrict my swing, I have the Equinox coil set to about 1-2" above the ground with my arm fully extended. I'm 6'1" so that isn't an easy task. Another perk using the sling is that no one can snatch my detector. The scoop has a long reach anyway. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

As a regular fisherman You own inside your brain the attitude to find holes......Be careful then, and for now try to hit a trough...

Congratulations on your hunt!

Yep used to do a lot from my boat in the Potomac river, then changed to surf casting when I switched to an RV. We camp almost exclusively at beach campgrounds. It's easier to clean finds than fish!

When I think of all the stuff I could have found on the beach the last 15 years or so... 🤣 I've only been metal detecting for 8 months now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Looks like a great time out! Mini tsunami, know them well in the Northern part of the Bay, I've heard down in the lower part of the bay the subs coming thru really throw a good one.

The beach I'm going to this morning is mostly Atlantic waves. Definitely know to "fish" the troughs and never turn my back to the sea. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunting and wish you more luck on something nice for the wife.

Good luck and keep a swinging.

I'm determined to get some gold, but know the realities. Any find is a good one. She likes the quiet time when I'm gone. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'm determined to get some gold, but know the realities. Any find is a good one. She likes the quiet time when I'm gone. 😀

Most of the gold I found was in the 1-9 range. That is where he tiny stamped gold charms are, along with crosses, studs, and some small ladies rings. Broken band small rings read there also, along with most small linked gold chains. Above those numbers and you are in the normal ring range. Everyone wants that 1/2 ounce ring, but there are a lot of chains and small gold out there lost over the years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Most of the gold I found was in the 1-9 range. That is where he tiny stamped gold charms are, along with crosses, studs, and some small ladies rings. Broken band small rings read there also, along with most small linked gold chains. Above those numbers and you are in the normal ring range. Everyone wants that 1/2 ounce ring, but there are a lot of chains and small gold out there lost over the years.

Thanks man. You have shown me the way!

More later... 😈

• Like 2