Annoying Quirk With Equinox

12 hours ago, Al F said:

the only REAL problem is with the “ dufas “ looking at the screen.

I resemble that remark.  😆

• Haha 1

I have had two Equinox 800s overheat, one was in the desert on a very hot day and I had a Doc's full control module cover on it..........it was too hot for me and I should have known better. The other time was like another person here mentioned. I left it on the ground for a while in direct sunlight on a really hot day and the same thing happened. I still own both of them and they work fine, so no permanent damage. 

If you are having trouble seeing the screen wearing polarized sunglasses, just turn the backlight on its lowest setting......problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did have an 800 give up the ghost last summer on the beach, during a hunt! Sent it in under warranty and they replaced it with a new pod!

Like has been said previously, if it's too hot for you, it's probably too hot for your Equinox! The black cover most likely contributed! Ebay sells rubber bumpers in multiple colors for the vulnerable edges of the pod! And with a screen cover, that should offer enough protection, hopefully without overheating!

I don't know if any other detectors have had this issue! But I think the size of the pods now, with so little room inside, give little protection from outside temperatures! Also the use of the black thermoplastic for the case doesn't help! It just compounds thermal absorption! Mine is getting a lighter color paintjob, after the warranty is up! 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well folks, I solved the problem.

Thank you all. It was exactly that the cover I had on there to look cool was messing up the display. Took it off and no issues today.

On with the show! 😎

• Like 1