I Did Not Disappoint My Wife - Beach Hunt #5

Great job on the hunting, and good wishes go out to you on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Ā  Ā Bravo on the hunt, and making the wife happy!! First time I've seen a beach anvil! The little ring might be rolled gold! Keep up the good "work"!!šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘šŸ‘

20210408_172252.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Usually plated metals deteriate fast in the salt and you should see bubbles in the plating. Take a loupe and look it over for any scratches or scuffs and see if there are bubbles, chips etc and see if there is another metal below.

Low number wouldn't be that unusual for a high karat like 18 where more common 14 or 10 have higher tid's

Congrats either way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kac said:

Usually plated metals deteriate fast in the salt and you should see bubbles in the plating. Take a loupe and look it over for any scratches or scuffs and see if there are bubbles, chips etc and see if there is another metal below.

Low number wouldn't be that unusual for a high karat like 18 where more common 14 or 10 have higher tid's

Congrats either way.

Thanks! I do have a loupe, and I looked it over completely for marks or anything. Isn't all true gold stamped somewhere? There is nothing noticeable but nice shiny waxy gold.

• Like 1

Not all jewelry is marked. There are a lot of small makers that don't use or have a makers mark. If it looks solid you may want to get an acid test kit. Have a feeling your going to be snaggin many more rings šŸ™‚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only got one more day here, really didn't find anything else today, just $1 in change, all clad. Nothing really interesting so no post tonight! šŸ˜€ Thanks for all your help and encouragement.Ā 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Ā  Ā Bravo on the hunt, and making the wife happy!! First time I've seen a beach anvil! The little ring might be rolled gold! Keep up the good "work"!!šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘šŸ‘

20210408_172252.jpg

Joe, I was mystified when I dug that up. No idea why anyone would chuck an anvil in the ocean. Truly strange find. šŸ¤Ŗ

Ring could indeed be rolled gold. Not going to try acid on it, my wife won't let me, but maybe specific gravity when I get home. It looks like it was made today. Not a scratch.

• Like 2